Chapter. T H I R T E E N

**Thank you for the beautiful cover @zemra-ime  **

**Thank you for the beautiful cover @zemra-ime **

Jill Malik P.O.V

"How's everything at home Tía?" I put my phone on loudspeaker as I was wiping the makeup off my face.

I just returned from Ximena's party when I decided to give aunt Lydia a call. I haven't talked to her and Milan in almost two weeks. It was two in the morning in New York, but in Barcelona it was already eight in the morning and aunt Lydia and Milan would be awake and have breakfast.

"Everything is alright, how's New York?" Aunt Lydia asked. I heard Milan's voice in the background asking for churros. "No! No Churros, first drink your milk."

I chuckled softly as I heard Aunt Lydia talking to Milan. "He still doesn't like milk?" I asked. When Milan was still a baby he refused to drink milk like other babies. While it took only a couple minutes to feed a baby, it took me a whole half day to feed Milan.

"Oh no, I have to bribe him with churros to drink milk."

I laughed, typical Milan.

"Are you coming for his birthday? He's asking for you."

I nodded, but realized that Aunt Lydia couldn't see me. "Yes, I will. I already told Ximena about it." I said.

"Good." Aunt Lydia said as she let out a breath of relieve. I know that she's happy to finally see me again. "You haven't seen him in two years."

"Yeah." I sighed. I had missed his fourth and fifth birthday and I still feel so guilty that I couldn't make it only if it was for a couple of hours. "I was busy with finishing school and stuff."

"I know, are you planning to take Milan to New York with you?"

I stayed silent for a while when Aunt Lydia asked me that question. I was contemplating about taking him with me, New York has a lot of opportunities for him. "I don't know Tía, I don't want you to live alone in Barcelona."

"Don't worry about me, I'll manage."

"No, I'll not take Milan with me. If he's old enough to decide what he wants, he can make his own decision. I'll always be there for him."

"You're really smart cariña, I don't know what I would do without you. You're so kind, generous--,"

"Oh tía." I interrupted her, "You would be just fine."

"No, no...I don't even want to think about how close I was to lose you."

"But you didn't. I'm still alive." I whispered. Memories about what happened six years ago start making it's way to my head.

"I'm sorry, lo siento mucho."

"It's okay Tía, it's the...past and it's not your fault."

"I want Churros! I already drank my milk." I heard Milan's voice in the background. I smiled at the sound of him. He's such a big boy now.