Heartbreak

My story is currently #451 on the Humor list and that's the highest it has ever been! Thank you so much for reading my work and even voting! I'm so grateful. :D

This is a very long and messy chapter. Sorry about that. I hope you enjoy it regardless. 

This chapter has not been edited. 

***

Heartbreak. According to the Oxford dictionary the term heartbreak meant "overwhelming distress". No other meaning to it. Simply "overwhelming distress". 

So was what I was feeling at this current moment considered heartbreak? I felt some sort of pain but it wasn't to the point where I wanted to cry my heart out over it. It was the type of pain that made me want to eat a whole entire tub of ice-cream while I crammed a whole entire season of some teen romance drama. Is that what I was doing with my life? Nope. I was in actual fact sorting out the dictionaries in the foreign affairs department in the hospital. Occasionally I would pick out a book and look up what "heartbreak" was in different languages but that didn't make me feel any better. I just felt hurt

You're probably wondering why I'm feeling this way, correct? Well let me explain. 

Honestly, I should have known today was going to be a horrible day as soon as I met that wretched buffalo Lilly Chevrolet. And just to clarify, no that is not her real name. Her birth name was Lilly Smith but after living in France for one year, Lilly returned believing herself to be some sort of French monarchy. She changed her name and began throwing in some random French words into her sentences. 

"Oh mon dieu!" she had screeched upon seeing me. From my own little research, apparently those words meant Oh my God. "Azra Lydia Grace, the most graceful of the Grace's," she had giggled. 

Now let me go back a couple of years to when Lilly and I used to be really good friends. Unfortunately, I was as big of a klutz back then as I was now. So me being me, I somehow ended up ruining Lilly's thousand dollar dress in front of her crush who then went on to humiliate her until she moved schools. I felt horrible over the incident and apologised as much as I possibly could, but Lilly was not one to forgive and move on. Every chance she got, she would bully me and try to humiliate me. She had also somehow come up with "Azra the graceful" as her favourite insult but it didn't bother me too much. I tended to just ignore her when she spoke. 

But today had been different. Today she was flirting with the Devil intern while she was bothering me. 

"Oh, mon chérie," she giggled up at River, "me and mon amour Azra have been friends for a long time. We're practically sœurs."

I held back the urge to cringe. Sisters? Really? 

"May you please point to the exact area that hurts?" River had asked her. To my complete and utter horror, she pointed to her right silicon breast. 

"It's my nipple," she whined. "Would you like me to show you?" 

The look on his face was priceless but I was just as horrified that I couldn't even bring myself to laugh at him. 

"What type of pain is it?" he asked, composing himself in an instant. "Is it a bruising type of pain or does it feel like it's from under the surface of your breast area?" 

"I'll just show you," she pressed on. 

"No, no," he coughed, "I'll call a specialist for you because I am not familiar with breast injuries. If it's really painful, I can prescribe some antibiotics so that the pain eases up until our specialist takes you in," he said.