Chapter 14

Abbie's POV

"Who let the paps know where we were going?!" I yelled, panicking as I twisted around in the car seat to take a look at Niall. "Wasn't me!" Niall raised his arms in surrender. We both turned to Harry, who shook his head. Heather, on the other hand, was squirming uncomfortably in her seat, avoiding our eyes.

"Heather" I said menacingly. "Was it you?" I demanded and she cracked.

"I just said that I was going on a date a fancy restaurant! I didn't say with who or which one!" she defended, looking towards Harry for help.

"Heather, Harry's your boyfriend. Obviously he's the one you're going on a date with! And this restaurant is the only fancy one in the whole city" Niall sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration before turning to mewith upset eyes. "There goes our date" he whispered.

"Oh my gosh, you guys, I'm so sorry!" Heather squeaked, visibly frustrated with herself. "I didn't mean to ruin your date" she looked down at her lap, twiddling her thumbs. "It's fine, Heather," I smiled sadly. "We'll just," I looked at Niall, "hold hands under the table or something" I shrugged.

He gave me an 'are-you-kidding-me' look. "It's our first date. I want to be able to talk to you, flirt with you, kiss you" he took a deep breath. "For example, I really want to smooth out those worry lines on your forehead right now, but I can't." he added quietly, giving me a desperate look.

My heart melted.

"Aww, Niall! I'm so sorry!" Heather apologized from the backseat, looking torn. "I ruined your date" she repeated.

We stayed in the car for a few minutes, sitting quietly, hoping some of the paps and fans would go away so we could get out. Harry tapped Niall's shoulder, who turned and leaned his head towards him. Harry whispered something in Niall's ear, making his whole face light up as he nodded enthusiastically. "Good idea, mate. Thanks" he smiled, slapping Harry on the shoulder before turning back towards me.

"Alright, babe, we'll be going to the restaurant now. I hope you don't mind stopping for a few autographs on the way?" Harry said hopefully, taking Heather's hand.

"Of course not! As a fellow fan, I would've forced you to take pictures and autographs anyways" she said with a smirk, opening the door and pulling him out, much to the pleasure of the screaming girls and flashing cameras.

I turned to Niall after they closed the door, confused when he didn't make any motion to open the door. "Aren't we going?"

"No, I had something else planned for us so we'll just change the dinner plans a bit and get to what I had planned for later." he smiled, starting up the car. "If you don't mind" he added after a moment.

"I don't mind one bit. Actually, I'm pleased that we won't have to endure Harry and Heather's sickenly sweet and cheesy flirting and snogging" I shuddered at the thought, making Niall chuckle as he slowly started backing up, to the dismay of the fans and paps still surrounding the car. He seemed tense as he tried to meneuver the car out of the parking lot. "I'm going to hit someone, I'm going to hit someone, I'm going to hit someone" he chanted under his breath, his hands tightening on the wheel as he braked suddenly.

"Squishy" I said softly, placing my hand on Niall's knee. He looked up at me with wide eyes and a scared look on his face. "You won't hit anybody. You're a good driver."

He relaxed a bit, the corners of his lips twitching. "But this is only my second time driving, and I haven't even practiced backing up."

"Niall" I sighed. "Have you hit anybody so far?" He shook his head. "Then you can do this. Come on, I'm sure you will" I smiled encouragingly at him.