Chapter Twenty

Chapter Song: You- The 1975 (mainly because I'm going to their concert on Saturday brb dying)

Luke

I laugh, "Okay Austin, what is that you really want to tell me?" I ask, whatever he is talking about I'm not his brother. Unless this is some kind of sick joke, but I know Austin and I know that he would pull something like this. I see more tears going down his face.

What a great actor, I thought. "Luke, I'm telling you the truth. I wanted to tell you right when I met you but I didn't know how, just please let me explain." He says, taking a step towards me. I step away.

I fix my hair, and realize Austin had done the same exact motion. No, it doesn't make sense. "What the fuck are you going to explain to me?! You met me when I rear ended you, yeah explain that. Or did you do that on purpose or some shit?" I look towards him, not being serious with what I said. His eyes widen.

"What the fuck! You slammed on your brakes on purpose! What kind of sick joke is this?" I exclaimed, being very confused and angry. If he was telling the truth, he hid it from me the entire time. But another thing is, how? How is he my brother? I only have two brothers my mom never mentioned having another boy.

I start to walk off, not wanting anything to do with this bullshit. "It's your dad, Luke." I freeze. My dad is dead. My dad hasn't been here for years, not since I was a baby.

"What about my dad?" I snap at him.

"He's was my dad too. You are my brother. He had an affair on your mom with my mom, that's how I am here." I stand shocked. "I guess that makes me your half brother, not just your regular brother. After he died, I wanted to know about him, so I did my research. When I was around 17 I found out that he was your dad as long with your brothers. I wanted to know you guys, I wanted to know you the most, because we are almost the same age but I was scared you would shun me. After that I heard your name briefly in the news, after what happened with Chelsea."

I felt the pain in my chest, after he brought her up. Everything was making more sense, and my dad was dead. Austin was my step brother, I just don't think I wanted to believe it. I didn't say anything but he continued.

"I decided to stop trying to find you, I knew you were going through a rough time, I didn't want to add any pressure. But there you were again, a year later. I heard about your band 5 Seconds of Summer, you guys had a gig a place close to where I live and I decided to go. It was a great concert and I finally saw you in person, I was so tempted to go up to you and introduce myself but I got scared.

"So that led my to extreme levels, I had saw you driving the day we had crashed, and I had to stop you there and then. I somehow go in front of you, and I don't know why I decided to brake but I couldn't think of another way to stop you. I knew why you were so unstable, it was because of Chelsea.

"I gave you my number because I wanted to get to know you. I was planning on telling you the second we hung out for the first time, but I couldn't do it. But the guilt Luke, it was so bad. It was driving me insane. I couldn't sleep last night. I had to do something, I needed to tell you."

He finished and I stood there, taking in the new information that I had received, "That sounds so fucked up, but I am so fucked up. My mom is never there for me, so I thought if I found my brothers she had told me about, maybe I could have a feel about what a real family feels like." Austin added, now I think he finished, he sat down, putting his head in his hands.

I stopped for a second and tried to put myself where he was. Shit, Andy is really turning me soft. I thought of what he said, about not having a family. And I can relate, my mom is not there very much, but I do have two brothers, whereas Austin has none. I do enjoy having him there, he was nice to talk to when I don't have anyone.