Chapter 74

"I need to tell you something important Ace" I said immediately after entering my room, but did not receive an answer. I stood silently while patiently waiting for him to answer back.

Something is clearly wrong. He did not even acknowledge my presence.

"Ace?" I questioned hesitantly.

"What?" He asked me harshly. I flinched at his tone and felt an unexplainable amount of anger consume me from inside.

'How dare she do that?' I thought.

What the hell was happening? What has gotten Ace so mad?

"I said I need to tell you a secret. That's important Ace."

"Go share that information with the most trusted person you know and leave me alone!" He snapped at me his voice rougher than usually.

My eyes widened in surprise.

"Ace what are you talking about?" I exclaimed in surprise.

"You know perfectly what I'm talking about Valentina. I told you to go and share that with someone else."

"Someone else? Who else am I supposed to share with? What the hell happened ?" 

"This conversation is useless. Nothing happened. Let's just drop it" He muttered getting up from my bed.

"It isn't nothing Ace! It's clearly something important. What happened?" I stopped him.

"As if you don't know" 

"No, I don't know what you are talking about!"

"I heard your conversation with Charlie"

Realisation drowned on me immediately. So this is why he was so angry at me.

"Ace I know you are mad at him, but I couldn't not talk to him. We must understand what is happening" I tried to explain.

"I told you to stay away from him!"  He snapped at me again.

"Ace I will not stay away from him and you know that. He Is just like my brother even though he's acting a little strange right now"

"You seemed pretty cozy while talking to him. It didn't seem like you had tension at all" He hissed.

"Ace we were just talking-"

"Save it Val. You didn't seem like you were just talking to me. You definitely weren't just talking when you told him you loved him" He growled at me angrily.

"Ace what...what the hell? What has gotten into you? We were just talking!  There was nothing between us! The only way I'll ever love him is as a brother."

I couldn't believe he would even think this way. How could he even for a minute think that I loved Charlie. That I had feelings for another man. He did not even trust me enough to believe my words.

"Oh really?  Well I don't believe it Val! Have you seen the relationship between him and you?" 

"Maybe- we rushed things Ace. We probably had to wait longer than this because you clearly don't trust me"

I regretted my words the second they came out of my mouth. The look he got on his face after hearing me was as painful as for him hearing it. I shouldn't have said it.

"I don't trust you?" Malice laced his voice.

"You are the one who doesn't trust her secrets with me. The last time I checked it was you who is keeping a secret from me and not the opposite!"

"Ace it's not a secret I promise you!"

"Not a secret? Then what was it that you were talking with him about? What is it that you didn't want me to know?"  He questioned me his voice filled with anger.

I stood there speechless.

"What would you do if I kept a secret from you? If I kept it from you yet another woman knew about it?" He folded his perfect arms together.

The simple thought of him and another woman was enough to make the voices in my head speak again. The anger I felt was unexplainable. I wondered if this was what Ace felt?

"Ace, I understand where this is coming from. If it happened to me I would have had the woman torn into shreds. But I beg you to understand me. You know Charlie,Ace. You know he's just like my brother. I have never had different feelings for him."

"Please Ace just understand me"

"You want me to believe that there was nothing between you and him? Fine! I'm ready to believe you, as long as you prove it to me. Prove it by telling me what exactly are you keeping from me"

The blood drained from my veins. My stomach turned and I felt sick all of a sudden.

"Ace...no. Please d-don't make me do this. I..I can't do it now!"

"Why not? Don't you trust me Valentina?"

"It's not about trusting you or not. You know..how hard this is for me. I can't just...just tell you the truth."

"But you had no problem telling him?" He growled out.

"No Ace! Of course not!"  I exclaimed.

"I mean it's different. So much more different. He is my friend...my brother while you are my mate!  I...I cannot just tell you what...happened" 

I refused to tell him what I really did. How could I explain to my mate that I am a murderer?  How could I explained to him that I murdered my own... Own pack."

"Exactly Valentina! He is just your friend, while I am your mate! I  not him!"

"Ace please try to understand what I mean! It's not you I swear it's not. It's about me! It's about what I did. I am so..so ashamed of it."

"You have nothing to be ashamed of. I will never judge you!"

"I know Ace. I really do. It's just...I can't" I whispered.

I couldn't just tell him the truth. I didn't find the strength inside of me to tell him what I did. I couldn't even think about it without wanting to claw half of my face off. It has been torturing me. It has never left me. Not even a single day passed without me thinking about what I did. There was one simple explanation. I was ashamed.

"You know what? I am.. I'm so done with this" He shook his head.

I felt like my heart was set on fire.

"Ace" I breathed out heavily.

"I am so fu**ing done with this crap." He growled.

"Ace just give me time Please..." I begged.

"How much time Valentina? A day? A month?  Maybe a year huh? Will that be enough?" 

"Ace I swear I'll tell you the truth. I swear I will! I won't keep anything from you! I just...I just need time. I-"

"Tell me now! Why does Charlie goddamn know about it and I don't?. What's the difference?"

"Because I love you Ace! Because I don't want you to think of me that way.!"

He growled out.

"I am asking you for the last time to tell me the truth!"

I had to tell him. I had to...but I couldn't.

I looked down.

"That's what I thought" He muttered.

"You were right. We did rush with everything. We shouldn't have mated. I don't think I want to see you for a while" Was what he said before slamming the door on my face.