Chapter 23

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 23

       There was no sign of the creepy Liberius for the next few days, but it wasn't like I saw him much before either. Still, I worried about our next little encounter- even though one of the Generals was almost glued to my side every time I left the King's wing. Eildor was by far the funniest of them all.

       "Alright, my lady! So, since I'm on official babysitting duty, why don't we do something fun!" He exclaimed loudly almost a week later, his dark eyes flashing in excitement as he practically bounced down the large hallway.

       My eyes widened as I watched him. He had the most energy I had ever seen in a single person alone. Just watching him was exhausting.

       "And now that Finn's off with the King we can do whatever we want. No babysitter for me." His always-amused voice sang as we rounded a corner. I couldn't help the laughter that bubbled from my lips at the sight of him. He was yet another of the King's Generals who could make anyone laugh simply by talking with.

       "What exactly do you find fun?" I had a sickening feeling it wasn't anything good- or considered good in the King's eyes. If he had one of his Generals basically mother the other, it had to be for a good reason.

       "Oh, a lot of things. Don't you worry about that." He said dismissively over his broad shoulder as we reached the grand marble staircase.

       He didn't bother waiting for me as he descended the steps. I shook my head with a laugh. He reminded me of an overgrown kid- or a larger version of a happy Leikos.

       "Are you coming, my lady?" Eildor called half-way down the large marble stairs. I felt an embarrassed blush heat my cheeks before I nodded and hurried quickly down the steps.

       "Okay, so breakfast first and then fun-things, yes?" He was already heading for the dining hall where I now ate with the rest of them before I could respond.

       "Um, sure..."

       Answering was pointless, he seemed like he knew exactly what we were going to do regardless of whether or not I wanted to. But it was actually pretty funny. He was more excited about his recent freedom than I did about living in the King's wing.

       Breakfast was relatively uneventful. Besides Eildor and Aleos, the other Generals were away with the King. They seemed to do that a lot- go off without much warning and disappear for hours. I didn't bother asking why anymore, I knew no one would answer.

       Eildor and I had just finished eating and were about to grab our cloaks for an 'outdoor adventure'- as the General had called it- when the banging started. Loud, consistent banging that turned into the sound of two large doors being thrashed open.

       The General and I exchanged a confused look, before we were both hurrying for the dining hall's door.

       "Emrie!" My name rang as loud as a town's bell throughout the main foyer of the castle- passing from the lips of my previous guardian. My eyes widened in surprise.

       "Lei? What are you doing here?" The furious town leader was storming into the foyer with an icy look in his dark eyes, a look I've only seen a few times before- and he was heading straight for me.

       I didn't like the determined, angry, look plastered on his face- and I couldn't help but take a few steps away from him. He was faster though and had a tight grip on my arm before Eildor and I had any time to process what was happening.