‡ Chapter 14 ‡

Just watched Tomb Raider and let me say, Angelina Jolie is my role model.  Inspired me to write this chapter ;) Go girl’s who can kick ass!

Dedication to someone who can name five movies Angelina Jolie is (excluding Tomb Raider)!! :) Because she’s so focking awesome.

NOT EDITED> DON'T JUDGE MEH!

‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡ ‡

Casper’s directions proved there was such thing as a floor lower than the ‘underground floor’.  Descending flights of hidden chambers, the lights began to get dimmer and the tunnels were narrower.  Soon I was squished between two walls, Casper leading and Levi behind.

His hot breath across my neck caused a set of jitters to go off.  His presence kept reminding me if Capser hadn’t interrupted, would I have allowed Levi to kiss me? 

Casper halted and my nose banged into him.  “You could have said something,” I grumbled. 

He knocked on the dwarf sized door, revealing two dark eyes.  The person on the other side had a gruff masculine voice, “What do you wish?”

“The Council wishes to see Levi and Project09,” Casper informed. 

The slit closed and a loud click followed after.  The door creaked open and Casper bent, guiding us into the twilight.  Once the three of us were in, the door flung shut.

Complete darkness swallowed our vision.  Hairs stood on ends at the erratic silence.  “I have fulfilled your requests, masters,” Casper said in a sheer whisper. 

For a moment it looked like he was talking to himself before one small light turned on, beaming at a podium where a figure stood.  The individual was hooded with a long black cloak that draped to the floor, the cloth dangling past their hands. 

Then a spotlight hit another figure.  And another, and another until nine cloaked bodies on podiums created a half circle.  Except for an empty podium at the end.

This was a damn cult.  They were gonna sacrifice me and throw me over a fire and and feed me to some thirsty mother fucker.  I was gonna die.   

“Very well, Casper.  You may be dismissed,” a female voice spoke.

Wrinkles of confusion sprouted on my forehead when I couldn’t tell who was speaking.  Casper nodded and walked back into the darkness.  The sound of the door locking making me more restless.  Although Levi was here, I still had the case of the jitters.  Nervous, I was tempted to entwine our hands, but disposed the thought.  Fear could not be shown.  These were people who had power over Levi.  Power over the entire continent of Asia.  They could impose a terrorist attack or bomb millions of people with a simple vote.  The power to light up World War III. 

I instantly never felt so exposed.  Staring into their covered faces, it was as if they were looking into my eyes; seeing into the windows of my soul. 

My mouth was dry.  I barely caught what one of them said.  “Levi.”