Chapter 39

[Ey, sorry about the disorganized update schedule. Y'know, school and all, hahaaa.

Someone put me out of my misery--I meAN, UH.

Song in MM is Troye Sivan- for him. (because Troye and his music are pure arT).

Enjoy the chapter!]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 39

Reese's POV

It's been a week and a half since I last saw Ben. Things have been okay on my side; I take my medicine as usual, no relapses, no fights, I'm doing my homework like I should. I've been adding a little more pep throughout the days by texting Ben, and sometimes getting replies. When I do receive a text back, I'm always happy. Even if it's just a "lol", I'm glad. It means that Ben is feeling alright enough to respond. But when he doesn't? I only hope he's thinking of good things and taking care of himself.

It seems like I'm not the only one feeling somewhat down lately. For the past week or so, Angel has been quieter and more reserved. She walls herself up with the books she brings to read. I would think she's engrossed with her stories, but I caught her holding a book upside down once, and I began to question if she's even reading them anymore. I can tell it's not because she wants to avoid me. She looks out of it. Artem is even growing concerned for her. Mostly because she's an employee and having her around to file paperwork and take calls is actually really beneficial. We can't lose her. But I know it would suck if she ever left because I see her as a pretty cool friend.

A Friday night. As soon as my shift ended, I came up to Angel, who was putting her stuff away in a backpack of hers. She looked at me and managed a small smile. "Hey, Reese."

"Hey, Ang," I greeted. "Uh, I wanted to ask if you wanted to get some froyos with me?"

"What's the occasion?" she joked lightly.

"Just because," I said with a casual shrug. "C'mon. I'll pay.."

She chuckled. "You know how to speak to a woman's soul, kid."

I smirked. "You up for it then?"

Her gaze crossed over to the clock on the desk, which showed 8:37pm. The dark haired girl sighed and responded, "I don't see why not. It's been a while since I've had froyos."

"Sweet. I know a great place. Let's go."

As soon as Angel had her stuff together, we walked out of the office. Artem was closing up the garages and spotted us on our way out. Looking quizzical, he asked, "You two are carpooling?"

"Out to get froyos," I answered. "Want one?"

"Frono thank you. I'm tired and wish to go home," he said. Angel snickered and I tried not to cringe from his deadpan-ass pun.

"G'night, ruski," I called out as Angel and I walked to the Chevelle. We got into the front seats and I brought the engine to life with the turn of my keys in the ignition. As I backed out of the parking space, I took a glimpse at Angel. Her gaze was towards the window, staring off with that faraway look on her face. Ever so subtlety, she ran her right thumb over the wedding band on her left thumb. I didn't have to think much to guess what could've been on her mind.

The ride to the frozen yogurt shop was only about 8 minutes away, but it felt weird without talking to Angel, and I was unsure if I should tell her anything. So instead I turned on the radio to a station that played soft rock and that seemed to ease the tension. Finally, we arrived at the shop and I parked the Chevelle up to the front, already eager for a froyo. Angel and I exited the car and she left her stuff inside, on her seat. With her hands in her jacket pockets, she followed me inside the shop and we were welcomed with a lighthearted ding from a bell above.