Lollipops - Chapter 15

"That's exactly what I thought too," Naomi stated, offhandedly glancing sideways at the boy beside her. "I mean, who would've known that when Professor McGonagall assigned us that essay, she meant it was due the next day."

"I know right." Sirius muttered, not taking his eyes off of the scenery.

The two were currently on the Astronomy Tower and were enjoying their time alone together in peace as they watched the sunset. It was an unspoken rule that the two were to meet each other on the Tower on the early evenings of weekdays.

It was quite odd, seeing as the boy and girl were not remotely friends outside of the place, but were as close as a pair of best friends in the place. Neither knew why, but it was just so easy to share their secrets with one another. To just... talk. Sometimes they talked about little things like how dreadful their assigned homework was, and sometimes it was something more serious, like the continuous Death Eater attacks.

With each other, it was so easy to just... just be at peace.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," Naomi abruptly broke the everlasting silence, the wind beautifully blowing back her long blonde hair.

"Tell me what." asked Sirius after having her randomly stop talking.

"Oh, right, um," she put her mind back on track. "I know that you've been following me around for a while." She grinned slightly.

"What!" Sirius loudly exclaimed, to have Naomi shush him, despite a small grin lingering over her lips. It wasn't that there were people around, it was that he was disrupting the peace. Nonetheless, he carried on in his dumbly loud tone. "But how?"

"Remus told me just a couple days ago," When Naomi said that, she was instantly reminded of last week's escapade, and how she'd suspiciously run away from Sirius after he discovered her cancer potion back in the school courtyard. She was glad that he did not bring up the topic, and hoped he would not in the future. With that thought swirling in her head, Naomi still payed attention to Sirius' reaction.

"What the he—that traitor!" Sirius quietly swore and walked away to take his hands through his luxurious curls, and she turned around to let her eyes trail after him. He finally turned around to face her again, a befuddled expression stretched across his face. "Why would he tell you? That doesn't make any sense,"

Naomi passively shrugged. "I don't understand. What's the big deal?"

Sirius stared at her, slightly incredulous, but when she didn't get the memo, he sighed and meekly said, "You probably think that I'm some creep stalker, now. I mean, imagine how bad that is for my rep," he jokingly added.

She chuckled but nonetheless added, "Well, you kind of are a creepy stalker."

He playfully glared at her, and she couldn't help the gleaming smile that made its way onto her face.

"Well aren't you a darling,"

"I try." She sweetly smiled, and he laughed, though it sounded more like the barks of a dog than anything. "But seriously. I wouldn't fret. Remus explained to me that you only did it because you were concerned about your secret getting out," he sighed in relief at her understanding, but she did not yet finish. "Although, I do believe that you guys did not have to make up a whole schedule for your so called operation. I mean, it was so precise,"

"What—he told you that too?" exclaimed Sirius.

"Actually no," she proclaimed in a calm voice. "Since you and your friends, Peter and James, didn't know that Remus had given up on the plan, you still continued to follow me around, and I was able to take notice. Every breathing moment, I could feel a pair of eyes on me. The signs were so clear, I'm still shocked that I didn't notice it any sooner,"