S I X T Y

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

I walk down the street, on my way to the drugstore. I cross my arms and take a deep breath, a cold breeze waving through my hair. A shiver rolls down my spine.

Well, tonight was definitely awkward.

"Ethan? Hailee?!" Kayla covers her mouth when she sees us kissing on the couch. We quickly turn around and stare at her with our lips parted open in surprise.

"You have got... to be kidding." she laughs nervously before starting to freak out on us, screaming and throwing frame pictures off the walls.

Ethan quickly stands up in front of me, stretching his arms out so she can't reach me.

"YOU PROMISED! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D STAY LOYAL!!" she hollers and I gulp while looking down in shame.

Why do I always fuck up everything.

"Hailee, leave." he mumbles over his shoulder and I rush myself out of the apartment. I hear a vase breaking when I close the door behind me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before walking down the stairs.

"What the fuck?!" I hear a voice behind me and I quickly turn around, jumping out of my thoughts.

Oh shit...

Maddison stands there, speechless, mouth wide open, on the sidewalk with the two buff bodyguards. She gives each of them a wide-eyed look.

"What are you waiting for, idiots? Catch her!" she points at me with her phone and my eyes broaden. I take off and run as fast as I possibly can.

I turn the corner of the street and take a short path I've never seen before. I run faster than I ever did during my training sessions with Ethan.

Ethan...

"You didn't even get drunk for your 18th birthday, what is wrong with you?" he laughs and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"We're not in Canada. The legal age here is 21." I turn around and walk backwards as I give him a sassy face.

"Still..." he looks away with a cute little smile. I softly shake my head and turn around to walk forward. He walks up to me and interlock our fingers together. We swing our hands back and forth between the small space separating us.

I find myself stopping in front of a telephonic cabin. I look around me and quickly get inside, snatching the payphone in my hands as soon as I step a foot inside the cabin. I insert a quarter and dial Grayson's number.

No fucking clue why I dialled his number...

The phone rings four times before he picks up.

"Hello?" Grayson asks in wonder at the other end of the line. I sigh in relief and bring my hand to my mouth.

"Grayson! It's me!" I hold onto the phone and tighten my grip around it.

"Hailee?! Are you okay?! Where are you!" he panics and I try to calm him down.

"I'm fine Grayson, listen I don't have a lot of time... They found me. I'm calling you from a public phone right now." I let out all at once, out of breath.

I ran too much.

"I got out of the building as fast as I could. I wanted to come to your rescue like a knight in shining armor but the guys were every-fucking-where in town, I couldn't." he sighs and I chuckle a bit.