Thirty Six

Chapter contains some violence

//

Harry angrily stomps over to me and wraps his large left hand around my neck, pinning me to the wall behind me. The contact to my neck makes me gasp in utter fear. My eyes instantly get welted in tears as he aggressively pins me against the wall. I have no idea why he is so mad at me but all I know is that he is scaring me.

"You've fucking done it now Amelia." He mutters through his tense jaw and furrowed eyebrows, glaring into my glossy eyes; as if he can read my thoughts. He stands almost pressed against me, holding my neck and keeping my head harshly tilted up so I look right at him.

"What- d-did I do?" I stutter on my words from feeling so distraught.

"I was brought a plastic bag today that was left in the elevator. My gold card was in it...next to a fucking pocket knife!" He raises his voice at the end and holds up the pocket knife I bought at the market a little while ago.

My heart stops as I see him with the pocket knife. I was forced to leave that in the elevator because Harry and his pals decided to whip Zayn and I out.

"Why the fuck did to buy a pocket knife Amelia? And don't fucking say it's not yours because it was in the same bag as the card I gave you and other things from the grocery list." He leans in and mutters threateningly.

"T-to t-to protect m-myself." I get choked up with my words as tears stream down my face and eventually in his hand.

"From who Amelia? Me? Did you honestly think you could stab me and get away!" He says while flipping the blade open so its points at me.

"No I wasn't going to stab you!" I say in mercy.

"Then what was this for Amelia!" He tightens his grip around my neck and points the knife closer to my cheek.

"Harry you're hurting me." I whimper as he stares at me in rage.

"What was the fucking knife for Amelia!" Repeats himself but louder, not showing any mercy.

"To protect myself outside this apartment! I'm left alone all the time on the Main Street, what if one of the gang members tried to grab me!" I partially lie, just so I can get out of this situation.

"You're a fucking liar!" He screams and stabs the knife in the drywall, millimetres from my head. I scream at the impact and feel more tears gush down my cheeks.

"I'm not! I-I'm not! I'm not." I repeat myself in a crying stuttering mess. I see the knife in my peripheral vision and it scares me to know how close it was to puncturing me.

"This was your fucking plan all along right? Try to get on my good side so you can turn around and kill me?" He mutters hatefully with his hand becoming more gripped.

"Harry please-" I beg as his hand keeps cutting off my air supply. I grab his wrist with my sweaty nervous hands, trying to refrain from him robbing me of my breath.

My mind starts to race in panic as I've never seen him in such a aggressive state. He never actually tried to hurt me like this.

"I'm telling the truth! It was to protect myself when you're not around!" I spit out as diligently as possible- praying to god he will believe me.

I did buy the knife to protect myself- but mainly from him.

"You're really gutsy, you know that? Do you think you can go to the store an purchase a weapon without me knowing?" He mutters quietly but intimidatingly, still keeping a grip around my windpipe.

I stand there lost in words; shaking and frightened. The lump in my throat prohibits me from speaking and I feel completely frozen.

"Do you!" He screams in emphasize, making me jump slightly from fear.

"No- no. I should've told y-you." I choke on my words as he stands so close to me that I can see every angered aspect of his face.

His eye brows are knitted so close that I feel like they will stay there. His jaw looks like it could cut me and his teeth are clenched so hard that he could shatter them.

"Your forgetting who runs the fucking show here princess! You live under my rules and my orders. Don't ever think you can do something like this without me knowing!" He yells, making me squeeze my eyes shut to avoid staring at his possessed face.

"I'm sorry!" I shout as his grips makes me feel like he can snap my neck any second.

He stands tall and burns his hateful vision into mine, leaning close to traumatize me even more. His teeth remain clenched and the vein on his neck pops vigorously.

I whimper in pain from his grasp against my throat, feeling the pads of his fingers dig into my skin.

"Harry-" I plead while still holding his wrist.

He finally lets go of my neck and whips his hand down to his side. I gasp and drop to the ground, letting my back slide down the hard drywall. I pant for air while the tears keep staining my cheeks, holding my chest.

He looks down at me with his solid features, shaking his head before grabbing the pocket knife out of the wall and turning around to walk out of the kitchen. In one quick motion he take the cup on the island and forcefully slides it off the counter top, shattering it against the opposite wall.

I scream at the sound of the glass sharing against the wall and crumble to the ground, feeling my heart beat rapidly from my chest. Harry keeps walking and before I know it, he's out of my sight.

The sounds of my breathing fills the now quiet kitchen. I feel completely belittled by Harry and what he does to make me feel petrified. I can't stop the tears from pouring out of my eyes and I hate myself for it. I should have never bought that pocket knife, what the hell was I thinking?

I hear the front door slam shut, signalling Harry is gone.

//

Comment and Vote!