iv

❝There will always be a reason why you
meet people.
Either they need to change your life,
or you're the one that will change theirs.❞

♚

"Hoseok betrayed you? What do you mean by that?"

Jimin staggered from his seat, unable to process the piece of information he just received. With an ill stroke of luck, he found himself the following day inside the study of the Jeon residence. Jungkook was right, he can't ran away forever. And he had questions that needed answers.

"Exactly what I meant, Jimin," Jungkook drawled in a bored tone at his companion's slow comprehension. "I know that you have a huge penchant for sentimental friendship and all that shit, but you have to get over it and accept the fact."

The doctor raked through his hair in frustration, balling the strands with his fist. Still not willing to take in the truth. "B-but...it's impossible, he would never - "

His words were swallowed by the loud bang of the other man's fist slamming violently on the table. Jimin did not quial from his outburst, he was used to it. Being childhood friends, he knew long ago that, what Jungkook wants, Jungkook gets; even if it meant taking it by force. Though he can't blame him for that. The boy was trained under an authoritarian of a father, with the absence of a mother. He was practically raised with a silver spoon in his mouth and the world under his feet.

"I was a fool. I should have saw this betrayal coming." He rose from his seat behind the office desk and sauntered his way towards the mini bar at the corner. "I should have known that Hoseok would always take his side."

He fixed himself a drink and offered a glass of the same alcohol to the silver-haired. Jimin gave him a stony look. "Oh yeah, I forgot. You're a doctor now," Jungkook snickered, emptying both glasses at once. "An advocate of health and bullshit I never give a damn about."

It was doubtless that the younger of the two was tipsy, if not half-drunk, judging from the empty bottle of scotch and couple cans of beer littered on the bookshelves. Jimin was not completely certain, but he somehow suspected that Jungkook was just as devastated as he was upon finding out the Jungs' treachery. The man was simply coaxing it with apathetic behaviours to hide his grievances.

After all, they were more than friends. They were brothers.

He took an inward gulp before he spoke, "so basically, the Jungs double-crossed you to join the rebellion against the fold?"

Their conversation had been going around in circles for the past hour, making Jungkook's patience wear thin. "Not against the fold." He leaned casually on the wall next to the window and stared at the maze of rose bushes outside, minding the view to ease his annoyance. "It's an open rebellion for power - the victor would be crowned the next head of the dragons.