Chapter 43

Lilly felt a stinging sensation as Allen patted her face. There was a small puddle of foam oozing from her mouth. She had luckily fell over her chair and fell on her side. Allen cried tears of joy as he saw her eyes open. He quickly freed her cold hands and started to rub the circulation back into them as he cradled her. Allen turn his attention to the door as he heard his fathers feet slide to a halt as he discovered them. He also cried tears of joy as he saw his daughter was alive.

He eased down next to her and stroked her hair, "Hi pumpkin."

Lilly slightly smiled as her eyes eased closed again.

Allen cracked his neck as he walked back into Lilly's hospital room. He froze when he noticed her bed empty but sighed with relief when he spotted her in front of the rooms window. She was far away in a daze. Allen eased closer, "Lilly?"

She didn't respond.

"The restaurant. It's not what you think it is.." he took another small step.

Lilly sighed as she looked down.

"Those women were hired to design your ring. I wanted it to be unique, not something that everyone could have." Allen took his final step to her. "Please believe me."

Lilly pressed her eyes closed as she slightly swayed. She felt nauseous and stared to dry heave. Allen held back her head as she gagged. "The doctor said this is sometimes normal with the drug." He helped her back to her bed and placed a cool towel over her head. He kissed her hand as she laid there with her eyes pressed closed. "Say something."

Lilly slowly opened her annoyed eyes and signed, "Something."

Allen smirked at her sarcasm. "Can I get you anything?"

Lilly slowly turned tilted her head back and forth with her eyes closed.

"Are you ok?" Lilly opened her eyes and turned her face to his. She could see real worry in his mind.

"Define ok?" She signed.

Allen sighed, "Will you still marry me?"

"What would you had done if you saw me in our favorite restaurant, in our booth with two handsome men. All bubbly and eager to talk to, if I could fucking talk?" Lilly's chest was heaving with anger. "Your a fucking idiot. So no, I'm not ok, because I have to marry your dumb ass."

Allen was in shock, "So... is this what your normally thinking when you don't saying anything?"

"Yep." Lilly crossed her arms and looked away.

"I would have waited outside and probably beat the crap out of them. Kidnap you and have you as my sex slave for the rest of your life. Not so bad right?" Allen tried to keep a straight face as he spoke.

Lilly pressed her knuckles to her mouth trying not to laugh then signed, "Says you."

"Am I really that bad of a lai?" Allen leaned closer on her lap as he spoke.

Lilly turned to him and signed, "I wouldn't know. I have no one to compare you to."

Allen wrinkled his brow in confusion, "What about Christopher?"

Lilly rolled her eyes, "I told you, I didn't love him."

"So this means..?"

Lilly blushed as she nodded and then smiled, "That's right. I need to sleep with at least five other men, to make sure I'm not getting ripped off."

"That's not funny." Allen's look was serious.

"How does that make you feel, to think of me with someone else in broad daylight?"

"Literally sick." Allen swallowed back the lump in his throat.

"I wanted to die." Lilly had tears pulling in her eyes. "I let them take me. I didn't want to fight. I didn't ever want to see you again."

Allen gently shook his head as he leaned in to kiss her, "Im so sorry. Please, believe me."

Lilly kissed him back as she circled her arms around his neck.

Allen smiled as he pulled away, "Marcus wanted you to have this."

Lilly was puzzled as he pulled a velvet box from his pocket. She stared to cry as he opened it. It was Vivian's engagement ring. Lilly covered her face as she cried.

Allen guided her right hand down and placed the ring on her finger, "Please say yes."

Lilly smiled at him and nodded as she pressed her lips to his. She wasn't going to worry about what she couldn't do any longer, she was going to focus on the wonderful gift of life.