Twenty-eight: Eshai's family

ESHAI'S POV:

My poor little kitten.

She suffered so much at the hands of others. Without anyone truly there to never leave. A broken father and somewhat disconnected brother, and no mother. Instead, all she had was a step-witch that abused her and put her through hell.

And I wasn't there for her.

Nor was any other person. Not truly.

She just shattered...

But she covered her face with a mask, making everyone think that she's the happiest little angel in the world when she's really the saddest of them all. The once bright halo had dimmed, all thanks to the world.

Her mismatched eyes stared up at me, still glistening with both shed and unshed crystal tears.

"I'm just tired."

I nodded, kissing her delicate forehead before going back to resting my chin on her hair.

We just stood there in silence, bodies plastered together in a desperate attempt for comfort.

That was until my very annoying brother interru[ted us.

"Jesus Eshai, I knew you thought highly of that little ugly thing but never to this degree. You seem like a boyfriend trying to make his little woman feel better. How pitiful that you have dropped to this level." I glared at him. He had changed from when we were younger—from innocent to cruel. I guess that what being royal does to you.

I'm rather glad I decided to not run for the throne.

I'd rather be a commoner then turn out like how my younger brother did.

Speaking of my younger brother—he was glaring at me.

When he spoke, his voice was harsh and cruel. "Eshai, Miss Amaryllis, I would appreciate it if you refrained from showing this... affection in front of me.

I frowned at him.

Why must you always ruin the moment Eli?

~~*~~

AMARYLLIS' POV:

I was snapped out of my weakness when that icy man talked. Wiping my tear-stricken cheeks, I turned to face him.

On a closer examination, I saw that he looked almost exactly the same as Eshai. Both had a rather attractive face, gold eyes and silky black hair. They have to be somewhat related, otherwise, this is the greatest coincidence ever.

It was obvious that the two bishies knew each other prior to this meeting.

I'm going to say they're brothers.

"Dearest brother, why must you be like this? I have already said I do not wish to be King and have left the royal family so why does my affection have any concerns of yours?" Eshai's words were venomous.

I knew it.

They were brothers!

Damn, why am I somewhat happy about this?

Eshai's dearest brother glared at him. "Épée de glace has chosen this girl as it's Mistress and is upset that she hasn't been here, throwing tantrums and freezing everything to the point we had to move it to another castle! Do you know how many men were lost to move it? The only option was to bring its Mistress here and prevent any more damage from happening. Therefore, this is entirely my problem."

What the hell? I knew Épée de glace translated to 'Sword of Ice' from French but why was it after me of all people? I didn't even know what it was!

Eshai sighed, looking at the gold-eyed man opposite to him. His strong arms tightened around me before loosening once again. It was at that point I spoke up.

"Why on earth do you need me to be with some 'Sword of Ice'?" I really don't get it...

The two brothers stared at me in shock, confused.

"Y-You speak the secret language? No one outside the family should know this... How do you?!" Eshai's brother spoke and I paled. Wasn't it just French? Are you telling me this is some royal family's secret language?! Crap!

I shook my head. "W-well you see, I uh... I read books! Yes, I read books. They had Fren—I mean your language in them! Books that Eshai gave me! That's how I know how to translate it! " The brother looked at me suspiciously but seemed to believe my horrible lying.

Eshai, on the other hand, looked at me with narrowed eyes, leaning down to whisper into my ear.

"Little kitty, I want to know the real reason you know my family language. But for now, I will agree with your statement. This is a favour and I wish to state my curiosity, got it my sweet little kitten?" I nodded hurriedly, ignoring the pet names.

The brother's gold eye looked at me and Eshai in suspicion before speaking once again. "Well, my name is Eli. I am Eshai's brother and King of Erlia. The only reason why you have been brought to my kingdom is that the Épée de glace has chosen you as its Mistress. Without you here, it has thrown a tantrum and killed many. I need you to stop it from raging on any further."

I almost nodded but then I thought. Why would I agree to help this scumbag?! He had not asked politely—instead kidnapping me and forcefully bringing me here!

I—Amaryllis Aster Fleur de Kusteza—would never submit to someone like this! No sleazebags can force me to do things without my permission! I forbid it! I will happily send them on their way to hell!|

Huffing, I spoke with a venomous tongue. "I do not wish to aid scumbags like yourself who kidnap young children for their own purposes! You have not even asked me politely, instead rudely demanding I do so! Well listen here matey, I refuse."

~~*~~

End of chapter. I'm really eh about it but I knew I had to get one out. So here it is, we're nearly on chapter 30. I started posting on the 6/9/17 so it's been 17 days. Jeez, that's a lot of chapters.

And sorry guys but once again I am posting a new story. it's about a fujoshi/yaoi fangirl who transmigrates along with her best friend into an otome game. Like RMCIOG, it probably won't have daily updates.

I wasn't bothered to read over the chapter so sorry if it makes close to no sense.