Chapter 16: Boss...AKA Louise de Coccinelle's Danger

I slept the whole night through, which is eighteen hours. Boss did as well, surprisingly. Was she actually dead or something? I didn't think babies slept that long.

     After the black magic remnants had completely dispersed from the room, I had slept and woken up an hour before dawn. It was surprising because Mother and I always woke up half way through the day. For me, to get up early and not feel tired was a skill I had wanted in both lives.

     The moment I woke up, I started practicing magic. I was so excited now that I knew how to start it, detect it, counter it, and end it. I guess that as long as you understood the initial procedure then you could do a lot.

     Get over the mountain and the fertile valley is before you, basically. There were other mountains in the distance, though, and they were even larger...

     My barrier was still up, and during the whole time I was asleep my MP had decreased by five. It was ever so slowly recovering because I had been resting while using it, so the power rate wasn't bad.

     The first thing I wanted to try was the oh-so-loved, typical, [Fireball]. Special, I know right?

     I held my small hand out in front of me and used chant-less magic to imagine what it would look like and pull on my MP.

     The palm of my small hand was engulfed in red from the fire dancing in place above. It swirled around and flickered, a literal ball instead of a flame. More like an oversized marble with how the colors moved.

     I used it for ten minutes, moving my hand back and forth to see if that would affect anything. My MP went down half a point every time I moved my hand away, probably cost to sustain it without physical contact. It wasn't very detrimental to me since I had a large mana pool.

     I decided to chuck it into the air the same way I launched the [Holy Light] last night. It looked amazing as it contained its own heat, and even prettier when I commanded it to [Shine].

     The stars were still out, barely, so it allowed for my awesome self-made lightbulb to coat the room in red rays as if the sun were out again. It was constantly moving almost like a disco ball, becoming a kaleidoscope of red and orange.

     I smiled at it and cast a Sub spell, [Split]. The small ball became two and they floated next to each other, throwing double shadows across the room as they caught two angles of objects.

     I learned from the second book of Olei-san's that I read that there were four types of spell categories in the order of importance: Main, Sub, Support, and Share.

     Main was what I had done before, casting [Fireball], or the defense barrier that I had dubbed [Black Magic Block].

     A Sub spell would be something like an order for a Main spell, like [Expand] for the [Holy Light] spell and [Shine] for [Fireball]. There can be many Sub spells to a powerful Main, but for lower class ones it can only have a maximum of three. That is, unless you level up the spell from usage to become something greater or use a Support spell.

     A Support spell is kind of like a second life. For example: if a human was low in life force, only half of its soul left, and another human has a full soul of one hundred percent, they could share. The 100% tapers down into 75% and the fifty becomes a 75% so they are equal.

     The same applies to magic spells. If I add one more Sub spell to my Main [Fireball] and use up the three slots, then I could cast an ordinary fire based spell and combine it with the original Main. The spell has no commands in it already, such as how it can't be commanded to be a certain shape, size, or have special effects to it.