Chapter Thirty-Seven: Birthday ✓

Ria's POV

I played with the pendant of the necklace Brian gave me. It was a golden crown with a crystal in the middle. It was really beautiful and I couldn't stop smiling.  I looked to the side and see Brian driving with a smirk then glances at me in the corner of his eye. 

"Look at the road, not me," I tell him, smiling. 

"I can't help it," he laughs, looking back at the road then and takes a turn. 

I still don't know why I'm confused about all this. It's all so unexpected for my point of view. I'm one oblivious idiot-- or am I just scared of assuming things? I have doubts about all this and I'm still skeptic about it. 

Why?

Don't ask me.

I don't know why. 

We parked in a familiar driveway-- my house's driveway. So I dressed up just to go home?

"No, not really," Brian suddenly replies. Did I say that out loud?

"Nope, you didn't say it out loud, you're face says it all," he laughs. Stop that!

He grins at me as I glared at him. He gets out of the car and opens my door for me. "Let's go?" he invites, placing his hand out in front of me. 

I pout and got out of the car without taking his hand and looked away-- until he kissed me on the neck. "Are you mad? I'm sorry," he mumbles by my ear, making me have goose bumps and blush. 

I look at him and just stare, he gives me a smile and wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him, kissing my cheek-- making me blush even more.

Instead of heading inside the house he led me to the backyard where everyone was caught trying to hide. I look at Brian then back at the commotion and started laughing. Talk about epic fail, but they have efforts of trying to throw a surprise party, even though it's not a surprise anymore. 

It's the thought that counts, right? >3< 

"Ria!--" Randy looks around at everyone and they all nod. 

"--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all shout, throwing confetti at me. I just laugh and thank them, or try to. It was too loud.

"Ria, mind if I steal you again?" Brian whispers. I nod, walking with him inside the house. 

"I know it was really an ideal confession that I gave you a while ago, we were arguing and I upset you. I just want to tell you that I'm not lying about my feeling for you. I don't want you to doubt me and what I'm saying. I want you to trust me and all this and.." he pauses and I just smile at him, as if telling him to continue. "Oh fvck it--" he mutters and cups my face, kissing me passionately. It was as if he was memorizing every bit of my lips before he licked my bottom lip, granting him permission I parted my lips and let him explore more. 

It was a short but steamy kiss until we pulled away, catching our breaths as he rested our foreheads on each other. 

"Wow," we both said with a smile forming on our lips. 

"All I wanted to say was that.." he pauses and I wait again. "I love you, Ria."

"I-I.." I start, not knowing how to reply. "I love you too," I smile and peck his lips again. 

 We were having our sweet and silent moment until someone cleared their throat. Brian and I immediately kept a little distance and looked at the person. 

"So mind telling me what all this is?" Randy asks, frowning.

I forgot that he didn't know about the kiss. 

"Well..umm," Brian scratches the back of his neck. 

"Will you excuse us, Ria? Go ahead and enjoy the party, Brian and I will just talk this out." Randy tells me. 

"We'll be back out it a bit," Brian adds, smiling at me reassuringly. 

I went out and grabbed some food, heading to the other guys.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hey birthday girl," Lance smiles, taking his headphones off.

"Sorry for ditching you a while ago," I apologize.

"It wasn't ditching if I gave you permission and actually was the one who told you to do to."

"So how are you?" Cole asks.

"I guess I'm okay," I shrug, hiding a smile. They looked at me, pushing more information out of me. "W-We kissed and.. He said he loved me."

The guys looked at each other then back at me and laughed.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just amusing to see this," Lance comments in between laughs.

"By the way, did you see your cake yet?" Cole asks, holding onto Lance's shoulder.

"Nope," I pop the 'p'.

"Well too bad," Lance retorts. "I'm just kidding, you'll see it in a bit."

-•-*-•-

"..to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, Ria," everyone sang to me as I stood in front of the cake.

I wished for-- why should I say it? If I said it then it wouldn't come true.

I blew the candle and everyone claps at me. The others went back to the food buffet while the others kept passing me gifts.

I looked around. For who?

Who was I looking for? Who did I want to be right by my side? Who did I want to engulf me in a hug and keep me warm?

Who else?

Brian

I spot him by the buffet table, laughing with my brother. It's good to see that the both of them are okay.

I walked over to them and smiled.

"My two boys are laughing together, that's good to see," I smile.

"I'm your brother so 'your boy' to use for me is okay, but for Brian..?" He raised a brow and smirk.

"I didn't know that I didn't need to court you, I'm already yours. Does that make you all mine?" Brian asked smirking.

"I'm going to leave the two of you here, if you need me I'll be with Tessa," Randy shakes his head and leaves.

I watched as he walked away then looked back at Brian.

"So, what did my brother tell you?"

"He told me not to hurt you, to use protection if I plan to do stuff and to make sure no one is at home when we do it" he answers bluntly which in turn, I gave him a face.

"Way to be subtle," I mutter.

"Aww, but you love me," he cooes, holding me onto him.

"Whatever," I smile, shaking my head and hugging him back. I feel his soft lips on my forehead and I look up at him.

He kisses me.

3 times today?

I think we're addicted. :3 |  >_<