Chapter 30

Mia's P.O.V.
(after talk with Sam and Dušica)

It was already 8pm and I still didn't dare to call Elena. Sam said I should talk to her. So I should talk to her, right? Right! I need to speak to Elena and tell her everything. That's exactly what I am going to do.

I took my phone from bed and nervously played with it until it fell down from my sweaty hands. Eww!

"Come on Mia, you can do this" I said and rolled my eyes at myself.

Damn! I'm going crazy, I even started talking to myself...

I took deep breath and dialed her number. It rung once and then twice and then..

"Hey Mia" her sweet voice was heard and my phone almost fall again.

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath but looks like she heard it.

"Sorry, what?" she asked and I face palmed myself.

"Nothing. I just um- can we talk?" I asked nervously.

"We are talking" she said and giggled which made me smile.

"Yeah. But can we, I don't know, like meet?" I asked and nervously scratched back of my neck.

"Are you okay? You sound nervous"

"I-I'm fine"

"You are such a bad liar. Tell me, what's wrong?" she said sternly.

"Nothing"

"Oh god, is this about Tom!? What an ass! I swear I'll-"

"El, can we just meet and talk?" I asked and there was silence. "You know I can't see you nodding right?" I added with giggles.

"Oh right! Yes, meet me in our park in twenty, okay?" she asked and I nodded.

Like she could see you idiot!

"Okay, see you" I said and immediately hung up, before she could even say anything.

"Come on Mia, get you shit together" I said to myself and clapped my hands.

Quickly, I got up and walked towards my closet. What should I wear!? For god's sake, I have only 10 minutes to get ready and then I need to get going. I took simply jeans and some shirt and headed downstairs.

"I'm going out!" I yelled so my parents would hear me.

"Don't stay too late" I heard mom saying before I closed front door.

I climbed in my car and stared at steering wheel.

"I can do this" I whispered and turned the engine on.

While I was driving I begone sweating and shaking like crazy. Very soon, I come to stop and walked outside. I was five minutes early so I just sat down on bench and looked up at sky. I started jigging with my legs nervously.

I felt pair of soft hands covering my eyes and immediately smile appeared on my lips. Her lips were pressed against my cheek and she sat down next to me.

"Hey" I said and smiled sheepishly.

"Hi" she greeted back and looked at me with concern. "How are you?"

"Uh, I don't really know" I answered truthfully and sighed.

"Look, Mia, I know I wasn't really there for you after all that have happened with Tom." she started and sighed "I don't know what to say beside that he turned out to be an asshole! I mean, how could he do something like that to you!?"