33.

unedited.

Hello guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter and also I feel like taking down my Kamisama Kiss/Hajimemashita FF to replace with an Attack On Titan FF. I don't know~ we'll have to see;)

***

"Zero! Zero, wait for me!" Yuki exclaimed, running after the silver-haired boy who seemed to have stopped to frantically look around.

When she finally reached him, she grabbed a hold of his arm in which he yanked away from her and furiously turned to look at her. His angered eyes and rage-filled expression was enough to make her legs shake and her heart pound faster. She'd never seen him so angry before. Surely there were times where he'd have that irritated expression that always seemed to be stuck to his face, but now the expression he has now scared her. It scared her a lot.

"Why did you do that?" He said through gritted teeth. She managed to see his hands balling into fists as if he was holding himself back from lunging at her and possibly harming her.

She gulped and blinked twice. "Didn't you like it?"

"Of course not!" He yelled immediately, sending a few glances his way for a few moments. He glared at the people staring at the commotion which made them look away. He then turned to look at Yuki and muttered words under his breath.

Yuki couldn't hear his words, but she knew all too well that he was swearing at her.

"Zero, I can explain--"

"Explain what?!" He cut her off, snarling as he faced his back towards her and took a few deep breaths. He didn't even want to look at her knowing he wouldn't stand it.

His exclaiming shook her heart. She swallowed deeply as her eyes watered. To see him acting this way just because she stole a kiss forcibly hurt her. She didn't know he'd act this way, rather though he'd like it. Seeing the outcome now made her want to smack herself for being so lewd. She'd somehow convince herself to kiss him and now look at what she'd done.

Why did she do it in the first place? She didn't even like him. The person she truly liked was the man who saved her several years ago from a vampire attack, Kaname Kuran, so why had she done so?

Although she questioned herself like this, she somehow felt satisfied seeing her adoptive sister wanting to burst into tears. The moment she had ran away after witnessing her kissing Zero, Yuki felt like she had finally won over Emiko, but even so was it really the right thing to kiss the person her sister seemed to love?

That was right, Yuki had suspected so a couple of years ago. She knew her bond with Zero kept them inseparable but as they grew older, colours began to reveal. Yuki had no trouble realising Emiko was love with Zero ever since they first met, it was quite obvious but her dense sister couldn't recognise her own feelings and therefore Yuki kept quiet about it. The only reason she also knew that Zero shared the same feelings for Emiko was when she had witnessed him kiss her while she slept when they were merely fifteen. In all honesty, he had been love with her for a very long time and perhaps he still is. 

 To this day, there were times here and there where Yuki brought it up and had long, long conversations with Zero to make sure she told him to protect her at all costs.

Everyone loved her sister. She has always been this beautiful creature that walks this Earth, everywhere she went there were always eyes on her. She's kind, has a gentle-nature, knew how to sew, and was the one to raise her in such a mother-like way. Yuki had always looked up to her sister, always wanting to dress the way she dressed, to act the way she act, to talk the way she talked but she was never successful because she could never be her. Maybe for that reason, Yuki grew up with great envy of her sister.

But what happens when envy becomes something more? Every now and then, Yuki felt like she needed to compete with Emiko. To win the game, all she needed to do was to sabotage her and she would automatically be given the winning ticket.

Although that was how her mind wanted her to work, Yuki was left with a remaining guilt that struck her heart. Was kissing Zero even worth the winning ticket? Making her sister, the person who raised her and saved her a long with Kaname, cry was worth the winning ticket?

Showing gratitude to Emiko was supposed to remain on her bucket list but now, with what she'd done, was immediately wiped off.

"I'm so sorry, Zero." Yuki gasped, clamping her hands over her lips just as her chocolate eyes blurred with tears once she realised what she had done.

Zero's body tensed as he closed his eyes and took one deep breath. From the back, Yuki could see him shake his head as if refusing her apology.

"Why'd you do it?" He repeated, this time calmly.

Yuki slowly lowered her head in shame and whispered, "I wanted to win over her. I was envious of her, I always had been so I thought of ruining her."

"So this whole time you've been clinging to me was because of a stupid competition you made up all in your head?"

"Yes."

Zero didn't say a word. A silent atmosphere surrounded the both of them. Among the loud chattering and laughter of students, it was just silent between them. Thoughts ran through her mind, she was willing to take any screaming and yelling from him if it was enough to satisfy his anger. She'd listen to him rant all night of how stupid she is, hear him degrade her, but what wasn't what he did.

Instead, he broke the silence and said, "I'm not the one you should apologise to," Yuki nodded her head in agreement as she looked at her black heels just as finished his sentence, this time turning to look at her slightly with a cold stare, "Tell her what you told me. Admit that you've been wanting to break her this whole time."

Yuki's eyes widened, she cringed at this language he used. Even it was true that in some way she did want to break her own sister, using the term break was too much. She shook her head furiously, "I-I can't do that! What if she hates me?!"

He continued to stare at her coldly which made her shiver. She quickly clamped down her big mouth and silenced herself. She gave up fighting and she nodded her head hesitantly, agreeing to help find her to apologise.

Let's hope she hasn't gone too far.