Chapter 43: The Fight

Sans raised an eyebrow and cleared his throat.

"excuse me?"

"Are you a fighter?" Ignatius repeated, his voice sounding uptight.

"Ignatius" Freya hissed.

"What Freya?! All I'm asking him is if he's a fighter! At the very least I want someone who can take care of my son and bring me some healthy, well raised grandkids!" The old flame spat back.

Grillby almost choked on his drink at the mention of grandkids, causing Magnus to let out a short.

"Anyway, Sans. Are you a fighter?"

Sans looked at Ignatius and smiled awkwardly.

"uhh... not really though.. i wouldn't fight unless i needed to. i guess you can say, i was bone to
be chill, down to the bone, eh?" Sans joked.

Ignatius stared at Sans with a surprised expression that soon turned in to disgust.

"I'm just gonna ignore you're a childish retard and move on. What do you work as?" He went on.

Grillby crossed his arms and eyed his father at the insult to his boyfriend.

Sans looked at Grillby, and gave him a small, assuring nod that said, 'it's ok'.

"i work with grillby at the bar. he and i run the bar, him obviously being the boss, me, being in second post." Sans said.

"How long exactly have you known Grillbert?"

"grillbe- um. for about eight years." Sans held back a snicker.

Grillby looked down and placed a hand over his flustered face.

'God I hate that name', he thought.

"Hehehe. Grillbert." Magnus teased in a quiet tone.

"Oh shut-"

"Boys!" Freya scolded in a whisper.

"So Sans, what are your stats?" Ignatius asked, leaning intimidatingly closer.

The room went quiet.

Everyone looked down at Sans and Ignatius, but mainly Ignatius.

"My dear! That is something you can't just ask like that!" Freya finally exclaimed, astonished by the way her husband disrespected a small individual who had only attempted to be friends for the past hour.

"Father, please stop being so disrespectful to him!" Grillby shouted across the table.

Sans felt sweat pouring down his skull.

What was he supposed to tell someone he wanted to impress that he only had one stat per everything!?

"t-that's a bit p-private." Sans stuttered, putting his arms over his chest protectively over his soul.

Ignatius groaned.

He wasn't going to have it.

He needed to know if Sans was worthy of at least something!

Suddenly, the world around flashed black.

*You have entered a FIGHT*

Sans gasped.

"sir! please stop!" He pleaded.

*ACT*

*CHECK*

*SANS 1 ATK 1 DEF*
*The easiest enemy.*
*Can only deal 1 damage*

The fight ended.