Chapter 4-3

Smile at Hope in the Name of Despair
Daily Life
Day 16
Free Time Event #7

*Arian's POV*

"Who the hell is this? Get your fucking fatass off me" I said, trying to move from my spot, but some asshole decided to sit on me. From what I gathered, somehow the females woke up earlier than me, so they decided to drag me over to Hajime's cottage, where the males spent the night at, who was also up...early in the morning.

"Oh, she's up!" Akane shouted before feeling the weight being lifted from my back. "Well, you looked peaceful when you sleep...we didn't want to wake you up..." Sonia whined as I shrugged. "No. If I recall, you said that if you woke her up, she would kill everyone in this room" Hajime said as I sent daggers towards the females, who shrugged. "Uh huh...why are we here?" I asked as the females turned towards the males.

"I know how we can deal with Nagito now!" Kazuichi said with determination, making everyone turn towards him. "Should we be scared?" Hajime asked suspiciously as Kazuichi quickly shook his head. "It's probably just another tie him up situation...which won't work!" I said bluntly, making the pink haired male glared at me. "It has before, it'll work again" He said, crossing his arms and pouted.

"He'll be prepared this time...however, it wouldn't hurt to try" Chiaki spoke up, making everyone turn towards her. "See!? It won't hurt to try" He said as everyone sighed. "Alright. What's the plan then?" Fuyuhiko sat up so he could hear this awful plan of his.

"We'll wait until nighttime to strike! He won't even know what hit him!" Kazuichi said with a hint...or alot...of cockiness in his tone, making me groan internally. This plan will definently fail.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"I don't think this plan will work" I stated bluntly as Chiaki hummed in thought. We both had gotten the necessary materials for Kazuichi's plan as he made most of the males set up...well, everyone but me and Chiaki decided to help. We opted out.

"You don't think so?" She asked, looking up from her game as I shook my head. "Of course it won't work. Nagito is crazy, sure, but he's not fucking stupid. As much as I hate to admit it, he's actually smart" I explained, looking down at my computer, proceeding to type some notes.

"Mm..." She looked back down and continued her game. I'll admit, being in a quiet library with someone you like (as a friend) kind of alters reality a bit...or feels like it atleast. I realized that I say this alot.

"On a serious note, do you think the next trial will be the last?" I asked, making her hum. "Maybe...although Monokuma haven't said anything yet...I think" She said quietly, probably trying not to sleep. "Just curious...when Nagito doesn't expose us for being the...you're asleep" I said, shutting the computer down before looking at Chiaki, who immediately fell asleep after her statement.

"Hm...guess I'll talk to myself a bit. Did you know that Future Foundation have a bounty on my head...? Apparently, Nagito had this newspaper that covered my charges...118 counts of murders...when I only wiped out 100...the others...aren't even dead..." I sighed, laying my head down as she started snoring.

"Well...if Nagito lives to see the last trial...nevermind...he won't..." I said before standing up and quietly walked out of the library.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"Okay...are you sure this is a good idea?" I questioned as Kazuichi was guarding the door. "Of course, Arian! This asshole went too far this time! We just have to tie him back up and keep watch on him..." He explained as I nodded hesitantly. "Sure...but why send both Fuyuhiko and Akane after him?" Hajime questioned as everyone shrugged. Kazuichi looked out of the door and quickly shut it.

"Okay! Here he comes! Ready your spears!" Kazuichi yelled as we all hid. I readied my spears, but kept them hidden.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Nagito walked in with Fuyuhiko and Akane behind him. They gave Kazuichi the signal as he closed and locked the door quietly. "Oh...well-"

"Are you sure we're alone? I sense that someone is here?" He questioned and began to walk around, making everyone back up closer to their hiding spots. "We told you. Everyone else is asleep in their cottages" Akane said with a bit of rush in her tone. "Oh? I guess you're right" Nagito sat on top of the counter, where I was at. "Why way over there?" Fuyuhiko said as Nagito slowly moved his hand towards my hoodie. I slowly moved away from his him.

"Just a theory. I guess if someone was here...they would stop me from doing this" He said, leaning over the counter and grabbed my hoodie, quickly lifting me up. "Fuck. Plan B!" Akane shouts as I kicked him in the head, sending him over to Akane, who quickly pinned him to the ground, making everyone coming out of their hiding spots.

"This might actually work!" Kazuichi said as Nagito started to chuckle, making everyone turn towards the pinned down male. "Wow...you guys ambushed me...my own classmates ambushed me" He starts to laugh and held up a button. "Oh well..." He trailed off as I moved away from the group and looked around. "It's not like you guys will live after 20 seconds" He explained as they looked at each other confused. "What are you...wait. Why is it getting hot in-"

"Get down!" I ran over to them and quickly summoned a shield.

BOOM!

The entire lobby was on fire and everything was collapsing. We heard Nagito's insane laughter as he had gotten himself free and walked out the door as if nothing had happened. Everyone started to panic as I tried to find a way out. "Fucking hell..." I cursed, finally finding an escape route. "Guys! Run as fast as you can out the door! Don't look back!" Everyone ran towards and out of the door with me behind them. As soon as I ran out, I slammed the door shut before running towards the class.

The lobby exploded and was engulfed in flames.

It was actually quiet for a while before someone spoke up. "Well...he was prepared..." Hajime mumbled, making everyone sigh in defeat as we walked away from the lobby and towards the pool, which wasn't damaged somehow. Each of us sat down at the benches by the pool.

"What now? We have about less than 24 hours to stop him" Akane questioned as Usami appeared and looked at the building before turning back towards us. "Did you ever find your diary, Monomi?" Sonia asked as she shook her head.

"No...but, maybe it's at the 5th island" Usami said, making everyone raise a brow at her. "A noodle stand?" Fuyuhiko spoke up as she tried to use her paws to count. "Hang on...nobody bothered to check out the enterity of the 5th island? At all?" I paused as everyone shook their heads, making me sigh.

"We could've stopped him there...instead, we wasted nearly 24 fucking hours...eating noodles and attempted to capture a smart bastard..." I said, making her scream and hid behind Chiaki. "I-I sowwi, R-Rion!" She quickly apologized as I sighed. "Now we know where he could be located at. Let's just sleep on it and meet there first thing in the morning" Chiaki said as everyone slowly nodded.

"Well, I'm-"

"Nope. Another sleepover!!" Sonia stood up and hugged me tightly, preventing me to escape. "Eh!? No fucking way- hey!"

"G'Night, males!" Akane picked my feet up as I whined, trying to break free from their grip. Chiaki just trailed behind us, as if nothing was happening. "Seriously!?" I shouted at the females as we finally reached Chiaki's cottage.

I guess the last trial will happen tomorrow...

●Word Count: 1342●