four

"ARE YOU sure it was a good idea to leave Richie out there?" Eddie asked as he directed Bill at the right things they should get

"ARE YOU sure it was a good idea to leave Richie out there?" Eddie asked as he directed Bill at the right things they should get. "I mean, his jokes could kill that kid faster than how bad he's cut."

Ash laughed and Eddie shot her a grin. It wasn't often he got to make the jokes; that was usually Richie's department, even if they were horrible.

"Yeah well it was either that or be stupid enough to have him run wild in the pharmacy." Stanley said.

"Yeah, true," Eddie agreed and finally nodded his approval at Bill who had a bunch of first aid stuff in his hands and took them from them.

"Uh, how do we have enough money to pay for all this stuff?" Ash asked, eyeing the pile, and Eddie looked down and then closed his eyes.

"Shit, I forgot. I don't have money. Do you guys?"

He looked at Stan and Bill, who shook their hands, and Ash winced apologetically. "Sorry, Eds."

Eddie felt his face warm at the nickname and then went back to the problem at hand. "Well, we can't just leave that kid out there."

"Well, no shit Eddie, I was just planning to hurl the crap at him and run the hell away when we got finished up in here." Stanley said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"So what the hell do you think we should-"

His voice trailed away as he looked up, and the rest of the Losers did too.

Standing at the end of the aisle was Beverly Marsh, who looked Eddie up and down, his hands full of medical supplies.

"Hey, Bev." Ash said, and Bev slightly smiled, waving at Ashley, and then turned her attention back on Eddie.

"What's wrong with you?"

"None of your business." Stan shot, and Beverly raised an eyebrow.

Eddie hesitated, and then said quickly, "There's a kid outside looking like someone killed him."

"W-we need supplies but we don't have any money." Bill said, looking cautiously at the pharmacist behind the counter. He was Greta Keene's father, and the owner of the store.

Beverly pressed her lips together. "Hmm. . .wait here and try not to draw any attention to yourselves."

Rolling her eyes a bit as she shot a small smile at Ash, she disappeared from the aisle and they watched her walking up to Dr. Keene and start talking in a way too sugary-sweet voice.

They saw her "accidentally" knock over his glasses onto the floor and when Dr. Keene stooped to find them, Bev looked at them and gave a little jerk of her head.

"Oh shit, go, go, go!" Ash whispered frantically, and when Bill and Stanley took off, Eddie and her on their heels, Eddie accidentally slammed into a display, and almost dropped the packages in his arms.

Ash saw his predicament, and with lighting speed took some of the supplies into her arms and slipped her hand into his, dragging him behind her as she got out the door just as Dr. Keene reappeared behind the counter.

Her and Eddie almost fell onto the pavement outside, his hand still clutched in hers, and they were both laughing as she tugged him towards the back of the pharmacy, where Ben was waiting.

"A few more seconds and we would've been toast." Eddie said, his eyes sparkling as she laughed again.

"Is your heart racing? 'Cause mine is." They continued down the path and soon caught sound of the other Losers' voices.

"No, Richie, you can't try to see if his wound really hurts by sticking your finger in it. Jesus Christ, are you literally three years old-"

Ash and Eddie appeared at the entrance to the alley, and Stan looked up at them. "Well, it's about time. What the hell took you guys s-"

He stopped short, seeing their intertwined hands, and Ash felt her face go red as a fire engine as she slowly took her hand away from Eddie's.

"Ooooh, we know w-what took you so long n-now!" Bill grinned and Ash mumbled, "Shut up. Eddie knocked over a thing and I had to help him fix it, that's it."

She glanced up at them, grinning sheepishly, and they all laughed.

Everyone but Richie, who snapped, "Okay, well while you all were screwing around in there we were here waiting for the supplies so we could fix Ben."

Eddie's brow furrowed as he moved towards Ben, saying, "Jesus, calm the hell down."

Richie turned away from him, staring stonily at the back entrance and then said, "Oh shit. It's that Beverly girl."

His eyes found Ash, who had glanced up at his words seeing Beverly who sure enough was walking towards them, a bag in her hand, and said, "Don't worry, baby, I'm not choosing her over you, no need to get jealous."

"Stop messing with her, Richie." Eddie said sharply as Ash narrowed her eyes at Richie threateningly.

"Yeah, stuff it, Tozier."

Bev had reached them at this time, looking at Ben. "Hey, New Kid on the Block!"

Ben blushed. "Hi, Beverly."

She eyed his wound concernedly. "That looks like it hurts." Glancing up at Beverly, she asked, "Was it who I think it was?"

Eddie went back to work on Ben, and Bill said, "If you're thinking of Bowers, yeah it was."

Richie glanced down at Eddie and said mockingly, "You're meant to suck the wound before you apply the band aid! It's basic 101!"

Eddie shook his head, his tongue poking out of his mouth as he studied the injury. "No, you're not. I need my bi-focals. I think they're in my second fanny pack."

Ash laughed. "Why the fuck do you have a second fanny pack?"

Eddie blushed almost as much as Ash had been when Stanley had pointed out their interlocked hands, and she grinned down at him.

"Aw, don't get all embarrassed on me." She reached down and ruffled his hair. "I think it's cute."

"I think it's cute." Richie mimicked, feeling that same old feeling rise up inside his chest again at Eddie and Ash's interactions, and Ash kicked him in the shin.

"Ow, what the hell-"

"Y-you kinda deserved it, Rich." Bill said, smiling apologetically, and Richie fumed as Eddie finally finished with Ben, standing and brushing himself off.

"How do ya feel?" He asked, and Ben slowly stood, saying, "I feel a lot better than I did. Thanks, Eddie."

"No problem."

"Well, I should get going." Beverly said, and Ash said, "Yeah, me too."

"What, already?" Eddie asked, checking his watch, and Ash said, "Yeah, sorry."

"H-hey we're, um, we-we're going to the Quarry tomorrow if-if you guys wanna c-come." Bill struggled out. "To sw-swim and stuff."

Eddie and Richie both looked eagerly at Ash, who looked at Beverly, and then said, "Yeah, that sounds like fun."

Beverly nodded, and grins split over the boys' faces.

"Awesome." Stanley said, and Eddie nodded in agreement. "See you guys tomorrow, then?"

"Definitely." Ash said, and Richie shot her a wink.

"See you then, gorgeous."

omg i'm updating this book so quickly but i honestly love reading your comments to all my chapters! hope you guys don't mind lol. vote and comment!