Chapter 6

For some reason, the ideas I have for this story just flow. It's surprising how stress-free I feel writing this story. 

Pic of Sasha :D

ALEXIS

My wolf quickly walked away from Hudson, grumbling quietly.

Mate is so weird. He pulled tail. It was so ticklish.

She turned to look back at him, and he was still panting with his tongue out like a hungry dog.  

But mate is cute.

I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway.

She went back and forth so many times. One minute, she would be complaining about him, the next she would be gushing over him. I couldn't blame her though. The mate bond was working its magic and it was hard to resist.

I just wish that Hudson would accept it. 

My heart felt like someone had crushed it every time I thought about it. I didn't think that he understood the value of a mate– how no one can love you more than they can and make you feel the way you do.

 I learned my lesson about mates the hard way.

I made a mistake of jumping into a relationship when I was seventeen. The wolf I was with made me so happy. I thought that if I never found my mate, I could potentially be with this guy because he was rejected by his mate. He was so sweet and I never doubted his feelings for me.

Looking back, I realized how wrong I was.

He was slick. Too slick. He would have an excuse every time he canceled our dates. He used to kiss me softly to distract me from serious conversations. He used to share smirks with his friends every time we walked by them. 

I was so stupid and naive.

It took him cheating and humiliating me to realize that he could never love me. I could remember the day like it was yesterday.

FLASHBACK

I was rushing to the packhouse to drop some groceries off when I heard some voices coming from behind the cabins. Monty's voice specifically. 

I quickly dropped the groceries on the island and went to go greet him. Before I could turn the corner though, he said something that stopped me in my tracks.

"She hasn't given me her virginity yet, but she admitted that she loved me, so pay up. You guys owe me two hundred bucks each." 

There were a few chuckles as my heart cracked.

"Are you going to break it off then? Or are you waiting to pop her cherry?"

"It doesn't really matter honestly. I'm already fucking Madison and she's great in bed, so I'm pretty satisfied. I'll probably just break it off in a few weeks or something unless she decides she's ready to have sex. Then, I would probably drag it out some more."

There was a loud roar of laughter. 

I put my hand on my mouth to keep my sobs from escaping. 

How could I have been so clueless? How could he do this to me? Was I seriously that stupid?

My heart felt like someone squeezed the life out if it. My eyes were watering with every word he said. My head was pounding. 

I couldn't breathe. 

Suddenly, there was some shuffling, and I came face to face with Monty. His eyes widened when he saw my tear-stricken face. 

"Alexis," he breathed out, "What are you doing here?"