twenty-one

warning: character death, violence

"why leave so early? i thought you guys wanted to see me

"why leave so early? i thought you guys wanted to see me."

jungkook immediately halted his sprint and catches jimin doing the same in his peripheral. with tensed shoulders, the two slowly turned their heads back to see who it was.

the younger felt his heart get heavier when he saw him, the man behind taehyung's disappearance and the man who took them here. his head was peeking out from behind the doorway of the room they just managed to get out of, which concluded that the pair didn't exactly run as far down the corridor as they thought they had.

a creepy grin was stretched across the man's oddly pale face. chills then shot down jungkook's spine as the realization of something dawned on him.

was he in the room with us the entire time?

jimin seemed to have thought the same thing because he soon looked up at jungkook with the most horrified expression he has ever seen on the older male. the ravenette didn't need to ask in order to know that he probably also has that same expression on his own face.

"ah, that reminds me, i never introduced myself. i am kim daehyun, pleasure meeting you," the man spoke up, temporarily bringing jungkook and jimin out of their terrified states. "you both want to see taehyung, no?"

jungkook's breath hitched at the question. he opened his mouth to reply but instantly closed it at the confusion of why this daehyun guy is offering to bring them to his captive. "w-will you actually bring us to see him?" he asked with a dry throat.

"of course~" daehyun happily responded with a tilt of his head, that disturbing smile still plastered on his lips. "after all, he wants to see you too."

after a moment of hesitation, jimin and jungkook followed the man back into the room they woke up in. the man flipped a switch and dim lights emitted the room, revealing multiple outlines of doors that the students obviously failed to notice in the darkness.

the culprit walked over to the door situated in the middle of the wall on the right and tapped on it a couple of times. jungkook watched with furrowed eyebrows and tightened fists as the door proceeded to slowly slide open, revealing another room that was pitch black.

"and here you are," the man announced before flipping presumably another light switch.

one by one, the rows of lights in that room orderly turned on in a sequence, from the front rows to the back rows — huge spotlight in the center was the last light to be switched on. jungkook felt the air being knocked out of him as the brightness shone down on someone situated on a chair right below the spotlight.

"taehyung!"

jimin's shout was the first thing jungkook heard, followed by the loud maniacal laughter of the perpetrator next to them. jungkook didn't think twice before hurriedly running over to the weakened body of the lavender-haired boy and dreadfully knelt down.