Chapter fifty

Old acquaintances

Several months passed, and Ava and klaus grew stronger

Several months passed, and Ava and klaus grew stronger. With each passing day, klaus resided in Ava for help and she listened.

Elijah stayed a silent member of the household, only every displaying his anger for Haley's curse nik had bestowed upon her.

Ava was angry too when she found out. She yelled and she reasoned, explaining to klaus that torture to another family member is far from applicable.

Yet she stayed by his side. There was no war to wage, or enemies to fight. And Ava had gotten used to the docile environment she once constantly craved.

She had moved out of the compound once she regained her strength from Dahlia, promising Camille her main priority would be her sister. But she always cared for Hope.

Klaus and Ava had not spoken about what they were, nor of their feelings. But they did stay close and both knew a feeling was mutual.

Ava missed Rebekah, the mikaelson had traded her body yet again for the one of Eva saintclare and refused to back down from resurrecting their lost brother.

Ava envied her commitment, she too wanted the comfort of her own family back. But the witches had seen to the demise of the O'Connells, and Ava knew Sean would stay where he was.

*****

"Admiring my masterpieces love?" Klaus chimed into the silent air as he wandered into the st James bar. Ava turned to see the smug hybrid, her eyebrow cocked in amusement.

The bar was filled with various paintings, every painting klaus deemed his best achievements over the millennial.

"I was just thinking of how much of an egotistical artist this man must be." Ava commented back, her gaze flickering back to the paintings momentarily.

She couldn't deny they weren't captivating. She could see the torment within each stroke, every colour meaning something different. Every colour meaning him.

One painting caught her eye from the dramatics within the canvas. Black and grey was consuming every crevice of the sheet, swirling into one another to create a storm of midnight.

Yet in the centre, small and overwhelmed, was painted a girl. Her figure was fuelled with blues and yellows, bursting through the darkness in pigmented colours. Ava was in awe.

"I thought he was quite humble." Klaus brought her out of her train of thought with a bemused laugh, she couldn't keep the absurdity from her face.

"You do make me laugh nik." Ava chuckled as her eyes glinted with mischief. Klaus feigned shock as he materialised less than a metre away from the oconnell. She cocked her eyebrow in question, mentally showing him he could no longer scare her so easily.

"Nice try, darling." Ava noted, patting his chest as she looked at him with a bemused smirk.

"Well, I gave my best attempt." He replied softly, arms wrapping around Avas small frame. Ava craned her head upward to keep her gaze locked on his, her smile almost matching the mikaelson smirk.

"It must be your age, it's making you slower."

*****

It was the night of the exhibit. Klaus had been waiting for centuries to display his work, and with the death of his greatest enemies- he finally could. Ava strolled through each painting that was hung throughout the room, her phone clung to her ear.

"What do you mean, like a puppet?" Ava whispered as she hid herself out of the sight of others.

"I mean, the poor man was displayed like a puppet. And he showed no sign of struggle- Ava a vampire did this." Cami's voice rang down the phone, her tone deadly serious.

"No marcels men are in line, they've got the renovated chapel to repent anger." Ava commented, glancing around the new room for any conniving strangers.

"I'm not saying it's Marcels men." Ava froze on her spot, disbelief sprouting in her mind.

"You've got to be kidding me cam! After everything I've told you, you still think it would be him?" Ava spat down the line, each of her fingers trembling with anticipation.

What if it was him? What if it was Klaus?

"I just want you to speak to him Ava. Maybe he knows something." Cami was desperate to convince her younger sister, but she was too scared Ava had become blind of his actions.

"You're unbelievable." And with her last comment, Ava hung up. As if he could sense her irritation, klaus and Ava matched gazes. Instantly she noticed the stranger placed smugly next to him, and the close proximity between the two. Ava felt dread when she saw him.

"What's wrong, love?" Klaus asked as Ava snapped out of her train of thought. Dazed, she looked up at the hybrid with an unamused expression.

"Whose the dirtbag eyeing me like a rack of lamb? Another old friend?" Ava commented, scowling toward the man slightly as the brunette smirked.

"Old acquaintance, nothing more." Klaus reassured the blonde, slightly readjusting himself to hide her from Luciens gaze.

"Old acquaintance? You wound me." He shouted through the room, his hand clasped on his chest.

"Oh for gods sake." Ava groaned as she heard the strangers comment, hitting her head against klaus' chest in a sense of defeat. Klaus chuckled at avas reaction, pulling her to stand up right again.

"We can discuss my discourteous friend Lucien another time. For now, why don't you go join Camille." Klaus explained, watching the flinch of fear that traced on avas expression.

"She called me nik. there was a dead body..." Ava began, her voice low as she was hesitant with their new intrusive visitor.

"Vampire business is marcels problem now, or Elijahs when he's not busy loathing me. There is no need for you to get involved." Klaus cut the blonde off, his tone going void. Ava sighed, gritting her teeth at his ignorance.

"If Camis involved, I'm involved." She shot back, her eyebrows furrowing at klaus angered face.

"Well go talk her out of it." He counteracted, pushing her away and toward the door.

"Nik!" Ava retorted, but before she could continue she was back out in the cold.

•••

87.6k!

You all decided that the best decision for this book was to continue it onward with the next season.

This week shout outs go to all of those who contributed their thoughts on my question. Thank you.

Shout outs:
@larissafoeller
@freakypsycho
@TheOriginalPineapple
@IWWEROMANREIGNS
@Sofia_Elizabeth_
@forever-alone-raya
@Sterek-shipper492
@Jralove1D
@0AwkwardPotatoes0
@forever-alone-taylor
@niklausxallen
@nadhirahmuiz
@_HoodConda_
@ewwbish
@ellenpenelope
@Mayflowers16
@Pad_foot_Sam
@SkylarMiller_1
@esthefanyarodriguez
@Blackblood3602

Please vote comment and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X