23

Sienna's POV

Twenty minutes later we were home. Crystal was nowhere to be found when we got outside and I was definitely glad. I definitely don't wanna see that girl naked again.

Nathan had been silent the whole car ride and I was trying to wrap my mind around why. Why was he being quiet? Did it anger him that Crystal was moving on? Maybe I had underestimated how much Nathan had actually liked the girl. Or was he just angry at his cousin? I sighed trying to pay attention to Hailey and Scott.

They had come over to drop the kids back and sat down to have a drink and chat. I felt bad, obviously but I couldn't stop thinking about earlier. I couldn't shut my mind off. Neither of them noticed though, both of them were acting all lovingly so I had a feeling whatever happened between them had been resolved. My eyes roamed over to Nathan and I cautiously studied him. He looked handsome, even though his face looked utterly emotionless. He has a way of doing that.

Shutdown mode.

Not being able to stand it anymore I excused myself and left. Was I really making this about me? I couldn't help but feel a painful feeling spreading through my chest. What if Nathan is still in love with Crystal? I opened the back door and breathed in the fresh air. A thing I severely missed. The kitchen was getting way too stuffy. I rubbed at my eyes, making sure no stray tears were going to fall. I was always a mess when it came to Nathan and at this point I don't know whether it would cause me less heartbreak is I stuck around, or just left.

"Sienna? Babe are you okay?" I didn't need to turn around to know who it was or who the hands that were now wrapped around my waist belonged to. "I'm fine. Where are Hailey and Scott?" He swiftly told me they had to go home and I nodded. "Sienna. Is something going on with your mom? Just tell me what's going on." Nathan asked sounding confused.

"No it's.. I just- Can we talk about what happened today?" Suddenly Nathan's hands were removed from my waist and the spot felt cold where they had once been. "Why? There's nothing to talk about. We have crazy exes. That's all." I turned around to see Nathan shrug and I sighed. "Your upset about something Nathan and its upsetting me. I- I really hate to see you unhappy." Nathan's eyes locked with mine and then he quickly looked at the floor.

"Today was the day Jake was born."

"Jake? Nathan who's Jake?"

"Francesca's baby. I moved past it because it happened a long time ago but then with the whole Crystal and Liam thing I'm starting to think my whole life is going to be a series of bad luck and failed relationships. I don't wanna fail this. I want you. But what if.. What if I'm never truly happy Sienna? What if everything just falls apart and I'm back in my office in my cold apartment with a glass of alcohol." His voice cracked and so did my heart. This time it was me wrapping my arms around him and letting him cry. It almost made me want to cry too but I didn't.

I have to be there for him like he's always there for me.