⊲|CHAPTER:56 'I FELT LIKE SHE WAS MY MOTHER'|⊳

****This chapter is dedicated to areebahh19 and AttractiveNerd ****

Who needs the dedication next? :)

WHO EVER COMMENTS MORE GETS THIS 🍕 PIZZA AS A GIFT !!!!

GOAL: 200 votes.

|🌀|CHAPTER:56|🌀|

I never expected Victoria to come wake me up in the morning and herself call me for breakfast. But many things happened that I never thought would happen. And it was one of those. Though I was already awake, I couldn't move from my bed and so I kept resting with my eyes taking in the view outside of my window.

When Victoria came in, I thought it was Rebecca. "Hi Rebecca," I said, my voice hoarse. I stretched my arms and looked at her when I didn't get a reply back.

Just as my eyes landed on Victoria I understood why I didn't get a reply back. She was standing at the door, a frown lining her features as she stared down at my carpet.

"It's me," she said, her voice coming out merely as a whisper.

"Oh. Hi Victoria. Uhm. . . I mean, good morning," she looked different. Her usual harsh and determined face was gone, replaced by someone who I saw was weak. Her stiffness, the arrogant demeanour she held, all was hidden by a mask of emotionlessness.

Her eyes were not shining with mischievousness like they always did, instead they were empty and lifeless. She didn't look like the Victoria I knew. Those changes were little and insignificant but I did notice them. Because they were clear.

"Come on. I'm waiting for you in the dining hall," her voice lacked that demanding tone that I was used to. Her voice was fragile, unconfident and un-Victoria-like.

"Okay. I'll be there in a bit." Hearing me say that, she turned her back to me and walked away. The events of last night came to my mind and I could now easily join the dots together.

She was hurt.

As I let go of my blanket and dragged myself to the washroom, I wanted nothing more but to stay in bed all my life but of course anything that I want is never ever given to me. After brushing my teeth and tying my hair into a decent ponytail, I walked downstairs where Victoria and probably Richard too were waiting for me.

As I made my way inside, my eyes caught an image of Victoria sitting on her usual chair, her head resting on the head of the chair with her eyes closed. She seemed to have been thinking something. She looked like she wanted to relax but her creased forehead was a proof of the fact that multiple things were running through her mind.