Chapter XIV

Yeona sat on the bed again and sighed as she realized that she was back in the place, with the person she wanted to escape so badly.

"Give me your hand." Jungkook ordered and sat down on the bed, trying to check on her injury, but she sat a little further away from him and shook her head.

"I can do it myself."

"Your stubbornness is what got you into this mess and it won't get you out of it. Now, give me your hand."

He forcefully, but gently, took her hand into his own and and removed the cotton that was covering her arm. After examining that, he stood up and got alcohol to clean up the wound.

She winced once she felt the burning sensation of the cold liquid. Jungkook noticed and quickly blew some air on the injury to make it less painful for her.

Her eyes wondered everywhere but him but finally looked down at her arm and back up at his concentrated expression. As silence filled the air, once again, her memories kept coming back to her mind which were impossible to forget.

Flashback - 5 years ago

Yeona glanced down at her violet dress and sighed, pushing a hair strand behind her ear and waiting for the the guard to announce her name, open the doors and get this night over with.

"Princess Lee Yeona." The guard announced and the huge golden doors finally opened, revealing the sixteen year old princess. She walked to the staircase and went down the ballroom as she smiled and waved at the people who kept clapping and cheering for her.

Tonight was a celebration for god knows what, as her father told her that it would be a surprise. But she just assumed it's just another silly reason to host yet another celebration.