EPILOUGE 2

I waited in backstage, my solo song was on after the next act. I was doing a winter act to the song Cold. My costume was white as frost with crystals and lace sewn into it. I had a white crystal crown on my head as an accessory with a fluffy white tutu.
I could feel Jasper from in the crowd calming my nerves for me as they had been getting worse by the minute. I tried to put my powers to the side for right now. Tuning out all the voices and emotions so I could focus on the dance.
The music of the last song had come to an end as the auditorium filled with claps. The group of girls stepped off stage as I passed walking onto stage one foot at a time. I got into my position waiting for the music to start I saw my family in the first row.
They were all there, Emmett and Rose, Esme and Carlisle, Bella, Edward and Renesme, Jasper, Alice. I tried to keep my smile hidden as this was a serious dance but I was so happy to see everyone.
I heard the soft intro of the piano as I new the music was starting, the lights faded into a soft, icy, white and blue. My body moved to the rhythm, as my I danced around the stage, flowing with the beat, not missing a step. As the harmonies hit I immediately started into my turns. I was up on my toes in a heartbeat, spinning once, spinning twice and before I knew it they had been going on and on. I had lost myself in the music and I didn't even know the dance had ended until everyone was off of their feet clapping and the music had ended.
I had taken my bow and I was about to walk off stage before I had been stopped by jasper walking up the steps and onto the stage. "Jasper what are you doing, you can't be up here?" I whispered low enough only for his supernatural hearing to here.
"Britt Roberts it feels as if I've been waiting s lifetime and more to find someone to accept for who I am and love me back as no one ever would." The stage mics picked up on the what he said as his soft voice echoed through the auditorium. "You accept me for who I am, what I've done, and what I plan on doing. You're my best friend, my soul mate, my other half. I wouldn't want to spend forever with you any other way than with you having my last name. I've stolen your heart and now it's only fair if you get something in return and that why I'm giving you the opportunity to steal my last name as I make you a hale."
    Jasper pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket, getting down onto one knee. "Britt will you do the honors of marrying me and making me the happiest man in the world?" By now the entire place was going crazy and my eyes were stinging from the tears that were unable to be released.
     "Yes," I breathed out as he slid the beautiful crystal quartz ring onto my finger. He got up from the floor of the stage and very gracefully and swiftly scooped my hand into his, spinning me around and dipping me into a kiss. Everyone in the crowd was out of their seats clapping for us. Our family in the front row was going crazy. I smiled into the kiss, pulling away slowly and leaning into his chest. I pulled him off stage with me so the next act could go on, unable to control my smile.
   On the walk back to my groups dressing room, I had gotten many congratulations from other dancers here at the school. I opened the door to the dressing room, some of the other girls in my class and my main coach all running over to hug me.
    In just a couple of seconds my family had been knocking on the door all coming in to see us. "We'll give you guys a minute." My coach said shooing the girls out of the room. I smiled in thanks to her.
    "THATS MY FAVORITE DANCER!" Emmett yelled running into the room picking me up and spinning me around. Everyone ran over to hug us and admire the ring. "I missed you all so much!" I gushed, overflowing with happiness and love. "You were the best dancer out there, aunt Britty!" Renesme said running over and rapping her arms around my torso.
   "Thank you Renesme!" I said picking her up and placing her on my hip, attacking her face in little kisses. "Love?" Jasper called me, walking across the room to me with his hands behind his back. "Yes?" I asked smiling up toward him. He took his hands out from behind holding up a beautiful bouquet of flowers ranging from white to black, burgundy to a pale brown and colors in between with pearls and crystals.
     "They're absolutely beautiful." I gasped standing up on my tippy toes leaning in to peck him on the lips. "Thank you. For everything." "Thank you everyone, for everything you've ever done for me. I couldn't be any happier," I sighed in content, radiating with joy as I leaned my head against jaspers chest. Renesme in one arm on my hip with flowers in the other. My family all surrounding me.

Her engagement ring

Her engagement ring

Her crystal crown for her dance costume

Costume

Flowers

Flowers