Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Sam

Aurora and I sprang into a fighting stance at the sight of my brothers in their wolf forms. Their bigger forms towering over us, a menacing look in their eyes. Their gaze set on me, hungry for my blood.

Tyler went to lunge at me, but Aurora blocked his way.

"Go, Sam! Don't worry about me! Save your life and go!" she yelled before shifting into her wolf. Aurora was much smaller than Tyler, but that didn't stop her from attacking him.

I followed her advice and sprinted, my hand resting on my stomach as I ran. I will not let anything happen to my little one, even if it meant giving my life away.

A ferocious growl sounded in the forest. I felt rather than heard Dean, my other "brother." I moved to the left just in time to avoid his attack. His claws were out and they were aiming for my neck. His claws managed to tear a bit of my skin, making me hiss in pain.

He rolled over to the side and shook his head before turning back to me, baring his teeth and prepared himself to pounce.

"Wait!" I screamed. He paused, still looking at me in a predatory way.

"Why?" I asked quietly. "Why did you do it? Why did you side along with Tyler? Please . . . I just want to know," I told him, my heart pounding loudly in my chest.

Dean shifted back to his human form. He focused his gaze on me, his sharp hazel eyes looking at me intently making shivers run up my spine.

"I thought you already know, sister?" Dean said, emphasizing the word "sister." His deep baritone voice echoing throughout the forest.

I look at him in disbelief.

"Are you seriously blaming me for our parents' death? How can a seven-year-old kill both of her parents? Nevertheless a gamma for all that matter?" I asked exasperatedly. He looked at me before shrugging.

"Magic? Either way, you're getting the beating because why the hell not?" he said before shifting back into his wolf before moving to attack me once again.

I shifted into my wolf and rolled to the side, careful not to harm the baby. I crouch down and bare my teeth at him, daring him to make a wrong move. His wolf looked slightly amused as if saying oh really?

We circle each other, both trying to find a weak spot. I found an opening and immediately went for it in hopes of catching him off guard. He rolled to the side just on time, but I was able to scratch his stomach making him bleed.

Dean growled lowly and all the amusement in his eyes faded, anger replacing his previous amusement. He moved and suddenly I'm bleeding. He's towering me and looking at me menacingly, his claws aimed straight at my heart.

I growled back and attempt to bite his neck. Dean moves his head to the side and looks at me as if saying is that all you have? Pathetic. I sense movement from behind Dean. Tyler appears from the trees and comes into view.

He shifts back into his human form. "Quit playing around Dean and just kill her before her mate," Tyler says in a mocking voice. "Comes looking for her, if he hasn't already," he chuckled.

I shifted back into my human form, panic starting to settle into my stomach once I realized that Aurora was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Aurora? What did you do to her?" I asked, trying to keep myself from panicking completely. Dean is still holding me down in his wolf form.

Tyler looks at me and smirks.

"Oh, that little lady? Why? Is she someone important to you? Your mother figure? Don't worry, I didn't hurt her . . . that bad," he said.

"She's still breathing, I think," Tyler said, crossing his arms.

I growled. My wolf is fighting me for control. I can feel my eyes changing colors and my control slipping.

"You . . . will die!" I growled out. My voice has gotten deeper because of my wolf. I was struggling even more in an attempt of freeing myself from Dean's hold, but it was no use.

"I'd like to see you try, little sis'," Tyler said in a mocking tone.

A growl resounding of a lion sounded in the forest making all of us freeze in our spots. Very slowly, both Tyler and Dean turned their head in the direction of the growl, only to come face to face with my mate in wolf form who was looking at both of them with hatred and anger.

I can still feel my wolf trying to take over, but as soon as Xander showed up she started calming down.

Xander shifted back into his human form to reveal his naked glory. His chest is glistening with sweat in the moonlight and his eyes were a dangerous golden yellow, letting off a dangerous aura that you only see in movies.

He smiled his elongated canines in a clear view.

"Maybe Sam can't do it right now," Xander said in a deeper and rougher voice, his wolf fully in control. "But I can, and I will." he said before shifting back to his wolf and lunging at Tyler aiming his claws and sharp canines at Tyler's throat, ready to rip him apart.

________________________________________________________________