I'm Pregnant

Colors dripped down the misty white walls, reds bled into green making sinful yellows. Even the steam had a purplish hue as the light illuminated the darkness.

Kaya scrubbed until black and neon color suds foamed on her glabrous toffee skin. She tilted her head slowly up to the shower head, letting the lukewarm water pelt down her dough like body.

She kept scrubbing as if to wash away her transgressions.

But nothing would ever be the same again. Her curly hair stuck to her wet face as big rainbow tinted droplets trickled down her back traveling in little streams only to swivel down the drain in a vibrant array of subtleness.

"Baby, you've been in the shower for a long time? Are you okay?" Keith called out.

Kaya quickly rinsed between her thighs, "yes!" she said strangely. Her voice was strained with conflicting emotions, somewhere between truth and adultery.

The worst part was she didn't feel guilty, and she would do it again. She had convinced herself that her behavior with Ben was just for the sake of art.

Her heart wasn't misled, she loved her husband and that was all that needed to be said, "it was just art" she told herself.

She let the cool crisp air from the open window slither in and air dry her body. Tiny little dots bloomed on Kaya's hickory brown skin as she shivered with the changing temperatures. Her chalked damp skin blushed dark scarlet pores as she stepped out of the steaming shower.

Keith slipped into the bathroom quietly, "You okay baby?" he asked again. His eyes cradled concern like a newborn baby.

Kaya shyly wrapped a towel around her body, "Yes, I'm just tired" she said forcing a yawn.

Keith pulled her into his body gently as he embraced her from behind, "Well I didn't get a chance to tell you how proud I am of you" he murmured softly kissing her ear.

Kaya looked up at him, "for what?" she asked.

Keith smiled, capturing the dazzling essence of a warm September day in his happy iris's, "I know it's been hard lately but I see all of your efforts. I appreciate you telling your instructor that you couldn't be apart of the nude modeling. I appreciate you going to therapy and I even appreciate your crazy gimmicks. Please don't ever think I don't love you" his voice cracked with raw emotions.

Kaya's heart twisted painfully like a contortionist, she was suffocating in all her lies, "Keith I decided to do body painting now" she blurted out.

Keith stood back startled by her outburst, "Does it involve clothes?" he asked.

Kaya fidgetted nervously, wondering how much of the truth one should tell for it not to be a lie, "yes, I have this special painters outfit, to protect my clothes. I just wanted to be honest with you..." she stuttered.

Keith nodded taking a moment for it to sink in, "I mean if that's the compromise I'm okay with that" he said hesitantly then shrugged, "I mean,...so what does body painting involve? He asked curiously.

Kaya sighed, "It's a unique way of expressing one's self, without paint brushes. For example, I would paint with a part of my body like my fingers or toes" she said putting it mildly.

Keith shrugged laughing, as he playfully shook her shoulders, "why do you look so frightened baby?" he asked. "Listen that sounds great! It's not that I don't want you to do things, I'm just looking out for you.

The world isn't always safe and people aren't always who they seem to be. I want to be able to look after you, and putting yourself in inappropriate situations is not only disrespectful to the marriage but it makes it hard for me to protect you against lustful eyes" he explained.