chapter 37 - The End?

Lara's P.O.V. :

Right now we are flying back to New York. Everyone on the plane is worried about Mrs. Adams. I remember how panicked Shane looked when I first met him at the Beijing airport. His tie was loosely hung, his handsome face was covered with sweat beads, his eyes were red shot and he was continuously on his phone trying to get updates about Mrs. Adams. He really loves his mother.

We couldn't meet Mr. Chang and aunt Suzie personally for the last time as we all were in a hurry. Though we all face timed with the couple. They sent their good wishes for Mrs. Adams. They even wanted to join us but we insisted them not to as they had the whole lot of important guests in their house.

*****
We all entered the Adams mansion and found Cameron along with the other family members seated on the large couch.

As soon as everyone noticed us, they stood up and Cameron came running slowly holding her belly towards Shane. The siblings hugged each other and Cameron hid her face in his chest crying.

"Cammy, is mom okay?" he asked caressing her back

"She has been sedated by the doctor. She's sleeping. Doc said he can't say anything about her condition right now, we'll have to wait until she wakes up." Cameron said sniffling

"Don't worry. Everything's gonna be fine. " he consoled and walked towards the couch along with Cameron. He made her sit on the couch and Mr. Parker gave a glass of water to her. She drank the water.

"How did this all happen?" Jake asked as we all settled on the sofa.

"Mom was playing with the kids around the pool area when suddenly her legs slipped and she fell into the empty pool. Her head collided with the pool floor with great intensity and she fainted right there with blood ozing out of her head. Doc has given all the medication to mom, he said he can't say much right now." Mr. Parker explained while rubbing Cameron's back consoling her. Crying is not good for her and the baby.

"Where's dad?" Shane asked standing up.

"He is with mom in their bedroom. He is not willing to leave her side." he replied.

"I'll go, see mom and dad." Shane said and went away to their bedroom.

"Mommy...I missed you!" Cara came running towards me and snaked her small arms around my neck and his her face in the crook of my neck.

"Oh honey...I missed you too." I said kissing the top of her head.

"Mommy, grandma fell in the pool and injured her head." She said crying.

"Shhh...she's gonna be okay baby. Don't cry." I said wiping her tears.

"Lara, go and take her to the room. She is traumatized right now and so is our Josh. The accident happened in front of their eyes. Make sure she sleeps peacefully. " Cameron said rubbing Cara's back

"I guess you're right. I will take her up." I said as I scooped Cara in my arms and walked upstairs.

*******
I came down about 2 hours later after making sure that Cara sleeping peacefully.

While I was descending the stairs I saw the whole Adams family seated in the hall excluding Mrs. Adams. Jake and Angie were also there. Though Ian and Ash were nowhere to be seen..maybe Ian went to drop Ash to her house.

I slowly descended the stairs and quietly sat beside Cameron. Shane's face was void of any expression. He was looking straight nowhere in particular and was in a deep thought.