Chapter 4 "Her thoughts"

Alexander's POV

I watched her retreating back until she was nowhere in view.

I snapped out of it and slowly walked towards my car, the coffee she gave me still in my hand.
I entered my car started the ignition and drove towards my office building. All the while thinking about her.

She was nothing like the girls I have been with. She was just... Herself. I'm used to having girls throwing themselves at me and trying to seduce me. Girls always tried to get close to me but they were actually behind me because of my money and power. They either wanted my money or wanted attention by being with me. Girls swooned over me. It is never hard for me to get any girl.

But she didn't even showed any interest in me. She was like a breath of fresh air. She seemed different than all the other girls. All of a sudden I started regretting for just standing in front of her and not asking her name. I want to to know her name. I want to know HER.

I was focused on her thoughts that I didn't even realise I was in company's private parking place in front , which was of course for me only. I entered and I saw people scurrying away from my way and the receptionist seemed nervous seeing me.

I entered the private elevator which for my use only and pressed the button for the top floor , which is 40.

I entered my office and took my suit off and started working on my laptop.
There were some files in my table which needed some signatures and other work to be done. I called for my secretary but no one picked up.
Then all of a sudden, I remembered

I fired her.

I then called for the receptionist for my floor and she picked up in the second ring, " Hello?"
" Come to my office " I answered her shortly. She answered ," yes, sir".

Almost immediately , there was a knock on my door. "Come in", I said. She entered and stood in front of my desk.

"Anything you need, sir? " she asked.

" yes, I want you to complete these files and set an interview for the position of my personal assistant. And this time I will interview them personally."

I am tired of hiring new assistant every month. This time I will choose them personally and decide who is perfect for this job.

"When do you want the interview to be held, Sir?"

Today is Friday.

"Monday." I answered.

"Okay sir. Anything else?"

"Nothing. You may go."

After that she left. Rest of the day went like normal. That includes me drowning myself in work.

It was 10:37 when I decided to go home. I lived alone. My family lived in New York but I moved into my new house after becoming the CEO. I needed some privacy and that's when I started bedding girls to release some stress. But they were just some one time experiences for me. I didn't care about them. They know what they are getting themselves into when they decide to seduce me. I always tell them that it is just a one time thing and ask them to leave my house first thing in the morning.

I entered my house or you can call it a mansion by looking at it. I entered and was met with silence. I have maids and other workers but they generally completed during daytime when I was at work.

After having dinner, which was already made by my cook ,I climbed up the stairs and entered my bedroom and took a long shower. I changed into a clean pair of boxers and got into my bed and drifted off to sleep but not before remembering about a certain incident in front of a certain coffee shop.

That girl...