[40]: Just Follow Your Heart

**Thank you @gizelle_duhh for my amazing cover, I love it**

"What?" I ask looking at her confused.

"I said you're in trouble with them two boys."

"No I'm not. It's just awkward when they're together now, both wanting my attention." I sigh heading towards her.

"Just follow your heart then baby." Mum says holding my face in her hands and I close my eyes.

"Does everyone know about my feelings for him?" I laugh lightly feeling a tear trickle down the side of my face.

"Everyone but the boy himself my darling." She smiles wiping my run-away tear.

"I thought I hid it well." I say sighing as she pulls me into a hug.

"You do to him, but it's all in your eyes." She whispers tightening her grip, "You're just like me."

"That's what dad said."

"He's right."

I pull away from her and smile. "He's hurt me too many times mum, I'm sick of waiting around for him to never want me back."

"I know he has, you two aren't very quiet when you argue. But you know, once his eyes are opened; he'll love you right back just as hard and realise he has done all along."

"I'm not waiting for ever for that to happen though." I whisper. "I don't think he'll ever love me the way I love him. He sees me as his best friend and maybe someone to fool around with."

"He doesn't think that but if he does...please don't fall into that trap with him. You're friendship is worth so much more than a quick tumble in the hay."

"I won't"

Whoops...too late for that...

"Everything happens for a reason baby. Now I give it five minutes before Ash walks back in through that door to see you, he has no patience, so go wash your face."

"I thought that as well." I smile hugging her again as she kisses my cheek. "Thanks mum."

"I'm always here for you, remember that."

I nod at her before heading upstairs quickly to sort my face out. I'd just changed into my PJ's when Ash knocked on my door and walked in.

"Thought you'd be back." I say looking at him.

His eyes lingered on my face before quickly travelling over my body before landing on my face again.

I wasn't wearing anything flattering though, a pair of trackie bottoms and one of his old baggy tops.

"Why have you been crying Lou?" Ash asks walking over to me and rubbing his finger under my eye.

"I haven't."

"You can't lie to me." He says smiling his precious smile at me.

Oh I bloody can lie to you.

"Did Elliot do something after I left? Is that why you're crying?"

"No, don't be daft. He drove off when you did. I just had a little heart to heart with mum that's all."

"I can read your face like a book Lou, don't forget that."

"I know. So what brought you back?"

"You know why...we need to talk about last night...about today."

"Last night was a mistake Ash it shouldn't have happened."

Lies...lies...lies...

"No it wasn't. Last night was great, and today was a misunderstanding...on both our parts."