chapter two

It didn't take long for Davina to find me.

I was walking through the park, arms crossed and a sour look on my face that scared off anyone who even thought about approaching me and asking why my eyes were red and my face puffy. I'd seen the curious looks, but a glare from me and they'd look away immediately.

Eventually, Davina showed up and linked her arm through mine. She didn't say anything, but her presence alone was enough.

"I want you to meet someone," Davina said, breaking the silence.

I cast her a sideways look. "Because that went well the last time you said that."

She huffed. "This is a human someone. Kind of. Marcel mentioned she knows you."

"That also went well last time someone said that," I muttered.

Davina slapped my arm. "Stop being annoying. I'm just trying to help you figure this out." She said that playfully, but I knew there was annoyance behind her words.

I ran a hand through my hair. "You're right. I'm sorry. When do we meet her?"

"Uh, right now." Davina smiled sheepishly when she saw the look on my face. "There she is," she nodded her head to a brunette heading our way.

"I'm gonna kill you and I'm gonna be so damn happy doing it," I growled. Davina laughed, not believing me for one second. "Just wait until we're alone."

The brunette speed walked to us. As soon as she was an arms length from us, she threw her arms around my neck and embraced me in a bone crushing hug.

"Don't you dare fucking die on me again, you dumbass bitch," she murmured, voice muffled by my hair.

"I'll try not to?" I suggested, hugging her back despite having no idea who she was.

As soon as I spoke, she pulled back. Her hands went to my arms and she stared at me with wide eyes. "I'm sorry. I forgot your memory is..."

"It's okay," I interrupted. "I don't mind."

"Let's go somewhere more private," Davina suggested. I guess she thought I'd freak out again by whatever this strange girl told me.

"I'm Alexia," the girl introduced as she led us out of the park. "I don't even know where to start."

"How did I die?" I asked. She stared at me as we walked.

"You were killed."

"Who killed me?"

"One of our enemies. It was for vengeance." She looked down at the ground. "He got what he deserves for killing you, don't worry about it."

I nodded, not knowing what else to say. "What more do you know about me?" I finally asked.

"You were happy. Most of the time. Your last days were probably the best of your entire existence. You were also a vampire before dying. I don't really know how much I can say. There's people, other vampires who you considered family, who knew you way more than I did," Alexia said, smiling fondly as she spoke.

"Was her temper as bad as it is now?" Davina jokingly asked.

"Probably worse. You used to snap at the smallest things," Alexia laughed. "I remember my twentieth birthday. You were in charge of planning it and everything had to be perfect according to you. One of the servants messed up a dessert and you locked him up for god knows how long. Years probably."

My heart sank to my stomach. "Servants?"

"This was the eighteen hundreds."

"Wait, how long have we been alive?" I asked.

"You would be celebrating your eight-hundred and fifth birthday this year. My life is complicated and a story for another time," Alexia explained.

"Tell me about the family I had," I said, not pressing the matter.

Davina and Alexia shared a look. "How about you meet them for yourself?" She suggested. "They don't know you're back yet, but I can set up a time for you to meet."

I nodded. Davina looked around the street. "Hey, I have to run an errand real quick. Why don't you two talk some more and then meet up with me back at my place?" Davina suggested. "Alexia, you know the way," she said before taking off.

"Where is she going?" I asked.

Alexia shrugged. "Beats me," she answered. "Let's go grab something to eat. I'm starving."

<><><><><><><><><><>

Three hours and stories from my time in Mystic Falls later, Alexa and I found ourselves walking back to Davina's apartment again.

"You still haven't told me how we know each other," I hinted, slight annoyance at that fact lacing my voice.

Alexia sighed, knowing she couldn't dodge the subject any longer. "I'm married to your husbands brother," she said.

"My, what?" I exclaimed.

"Your husband? Marcel didn't tell you?" She frowned.

"No, Gabriel said he was just my boyfriend. Not my freaking husband!"

"Wait, Gabriel? You met Gabriel?" She asked. I nodded. "That son of a bitch," she muttered. "Whatever that blond idiot said to you isn't true. He's a scheming, lying, manipulative, evil little cockroach."

I frowned. "He seemed nice."

"He isn't. He's a psycho who has a weird obsession with you." She scowled.

"Well then." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. The more I found out about myself, the more I wish I didn't. I wanted to go back in time and never approach Davina. I wanted to yell at myself for trusting a stranger.

"You know what?" Alexia turned around and stared walking the other way. "Fuck being considerate. We're going to the Mikaelson's. Now."

<><><><><><><><><><>

These chapters are shorter than my lifespan but whatever.

Don't forget to tell me your thoughts in the comments!