Chapter 2

Staring at the handsome poster that was taped on the bedroom wall in the Group home, I thought about my whole life. It was full of fakery. Full of no love. How was I even still alive? Without love, what did you have?

I didn't want to even find out what you would do. It sucked, but I didn't care and would never, ever care. Who fricking cares, man.

Flicking my nails, I kept my eyes on my hero, laying down on my side on the single bed. It's been four months and I really, really missed Tim. He was the only person who tried to love and care for me and I didn't let him. I didn't want to let him. I mean, why when I was going to leave anyway. I didn't want to hurt him. I didn't even write him like I promised I would.

"Bella," someone called my name. I rose, sat up and faced the voice.

"Your social worker is here." I rose up from the bed and walked out the room and went to where my social worker was. When she saw me, a great widely smile fell across her face and I totally thought that was weird. I rolled my eyes, knowing what her smile was about. She had found me another family. I told her a month after I left another house, I didn't want another family for at least another year or two. And my plan was, by then I didn't need an home, because I would've been 18 and I wouldn't need an family then. I was done with families. I was beginning to hate them. It just took me years to realize that.

But did my plan work? Of course not. Nothing I did worked. I was a shame. A cursed teenager.

I sighed and slumped down into the chair where I sat across from my social worker. I tilted my head and waited for her to tell me someone wanted me. Again. I couldn't wait to smile.

"Well, I have some news for you which you probably won't like," she started, her voice hesitate. I nodded and crossed my arms just beneath my breast. I blinked slowly.

"And?" I inhaled sharply.

"And..." She placed an file on the table and opened it. "Iㅡ"

"'Found you a family,''" we both clarified, but the only different was, my voice wasn't full of excitement like Gloria's was. I groaned and swayed my head.

"Not again," I moaned.

She extended a hand out towards me as if telling me, Wait, there's more! way. "No, no, no, no. This family is great."

"You said that, liKe, I don't know how many times." I scuffed my hair behind my ear.

"But this time, I mean it." Really? Did she just say she meant it? And how many times she said that? She clearly didn't understand what I was going through! I told her I didn't want to be fostered by another family.

I smiled weakly. "I appreciate your help, but I don't want it." I scooted my chair back, used the table to help me stand up and stormed off back into the room I slept in. I wanted to slam and lock the door shut but it wouldn't be fair to the another people who stayed in the room too. Ugh! How badly I wanted to lock myself up and cry to my hero, but I didn't feel like crying. I don't think I had any tears left! God! Wanna know why?

I'll tell you why!

Afterwards I had left the Maybargon family, my social worker just had to squeeze me inside another family and guess what? Go on. Guess.

No, I'll tell you anyway.

This family only kept me for four days! And you wanna know why? Go on. Guess.

No, I'll tell you!

Because, the great Beggars' family hated me because...

Guess what!? Let me tell you why.