One

Vote and Comment💖💖💖

Cameron POV

"Come on guys, we're going to the grocery store." I call out to Taleah and Aj who are in their rooms. I set my laptop aside and stretch. It's a Saturday and I've been sitting on my laptop doing nothing but work since 9am and it's 3:00pm right now. All I want to do is go back to sleep, but I know that won't be possible since I have to get food to put in the fridge and then get back to my work so I can finish.

I don't get an answer from either of them so I decide to go to their rooms. I open Taleah's room door and she's laying down with her headphones on blast. She doesn't even notice that I opened the door. I take her headphones out of her ears.

"Why is your music so loud?" I ask her.

"Ummm, I don't know. The music sounds better when it's louder."

"Stop putting the volume up so much. That can damage your ear drums. Anyways, come on, get dressed. We're going to the grocery store."

"Papa, really right now?"

"Yes, Leah! Unless you don't want me to cook and you just want pizza tonight. Because that's fine with me."

Taleah grunts and slowly sits up, puts on her slides and puts her hair up in a bun. I leave her room and try to open Aj's door but it's locked. I knock on the door but he doesn't respond.

"Aj!"

"What?" He calls.

"Open the door."

Aj opens the door and he looks like he was just sleeping. He looks at me expectantly. "We're going to the grocery store. And what did I say about locking doors? What if it's an emergency and I can't get to you quick enough?"

"It's not that deep but okay." He walks away from the door and puts on a shirt and sneakers. Of course, he has an attitude like always.

"I'll be downstairs guys, don't take too long." I leave my apartment quickly and go down to my car in the parking lot. My kids come down about five minutes later and get into the car. The car ride to the grocery store is filled with Taleah singing loudly. And although she has a beautiful voice, she makes my ears hurt.

When we get to Stop&Shop, I immediately pull up my grocery list and start grabbing things to put in my cart. I take Taleah and Aj with me a lot of the time because I rather not be alone in here. When I am alone, people bother me more. More specifically, men.

"What do you guys want to eat tonight?" I ask Taleah and Aj.

"Fried chicken."

"I make that all the time, you don't want something different?" I laugh. At least three nights of the week I make fried chicken with some type of sides. I'm getting so tired of it.

Taleah shakes her head, so I decide to just pick up some chicken to have it for the 3rd time this week, "you guys eat so unhealthy. It's my fault."

As I'm walking out of the meat and poultry aisle, I bump my cart into someone else's causing some of their things to fall out. My mind was in a totally different place, and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.

"I am so sorry," I say to the person and bend down to pick up the stuff that dropped.

"Oh you don't have to do that Cameron, I got it."

I look up at the person confused as to how they would know my name and I see Giovanni bending down to pick up his things. "Oh, hey Giovanni." I smile and we both stand up.