chapter 23

Song- demi lovato -tell me you love me

JAMES POV

The doctor walked towards me. Doctor sharky i think his name was. His head was hung low and his eyes dark and sullen looking.

He looked up at me straight in the eyes and i could tell what he was about to tell me. The tears i tried so hard to hold back rolled freely down my cheeks and i allowed myself to be in the moment. How did it all hapen so fast.

His had rests on my shoulder and i shrug it off. Not wanting the touch of anyone but my wife.

"Im sorry mr saunders theres nothing we could do. She took a cardiac arrest because of all the medications you had her on trying to cure her" he looked genuinely heart broken for me

No this couldnt be my fault. I wanted to fix her make her feel better.

"Katherine is dead" he spoke the word we hadnt dared say in months

"No.no.no...NO" i scream at him the pain shooting through my chest ripping me appart and throwing me around the room.

I open my eyes and gasp. Sitting up in bed panting for air.

"It was just a dream" i tell myself.

It felt so real like i was in the moment. That wont happen to katherine.

She told me to let her go. She didnt want any experimental medications new developments. She wanted peace. But im not ready to say goodbye.

I look at the clock on my bedside table and sigh. Its 6 in the morning and i know myself ill not get back to sleep.

I jump out of bed and pull on an armani suit this is katherines favourite, i brush my teeth leave a not for elena and head to the car so i can see my beautiful wife again.

The hospital was quiet although i should have expexted that as it is so early in the morning. But i cant help myself i want to see her now and so help me god if anyone stands in my way...

The entrance doors slide open for me and i walk in quickly. Every second i spend getting to her is a second lost with her.

The nurse station is occupied and the nurse sitting looks up at me. She looks familliar i have no doubt dealt with her before relating to katherine but right now i have somewhere to be and if she doesnt co operate i wont habe a problem using scare tactics.

"Ssssir w-what are you doing here visiting doesn't start for another two hours" she stutters through her sentance but when she gets it out i cant help but smile.

"Im james saunders and im here to see my wife so if you would be so kind as to step out of my way ill resist the urge to report you for being on your phone and shopping online during work hours" her mouth opens.

She thought i didnt notice when she minimised her google search. Wrong i notice everything.

"Um of course sir go on ahead" she looks at the ground as i walk past with a little more spring in my step.

It does feel good to be able to make others miserable when you are.

The door to her room is shut, the lights are off the only light in the room is comming of a lamp that sits beside Katherines bed.

I cant help but chuckle as i walk in through the door.

Sliding my hands in my pockets i watch the woman i love, her head snaps up at the sound of my deep chuckle and she smiles instantly.

"James what are you doing here" she smiles closing over her book but not before folding the coner of yhe page she left off. And sets the book on the bedside table.

"I couldn't sleep" sighing i move closer to the bed

"Your not supposed to be here" she whispers her eyes scanning my body suspiciously as if she was waiting for the real reason im here to jump out at her.

"I know" i grin

I watch her brows furrow, in confusion "well then how did you get in" she asks her tone a little snappy

"I am james saunders thats how" she glares at me and i throw my hands in the air "okay okay i threatened to get her fired she was shopping online and i caught her" katherine frowns and shakes her head

"James why are you so mean to people" she looks cross but i stick my lip out giving her the best puppy dog face i can "james dont give me that look it wont..." she breaks of giving me a glimpse of her beautiful smile. The kind of smile that warms you up inside and leaves you feeling all jumpy.

"I hate you" she groans and i smile

"No you love me" she makes a face and grins "how are you feeling baby" i stroke her cheek and she leans in to my touch

"Ok its just.." her eyes tear up a little and i feel my heart clench

"What is it" i want to help her. Make it easier if thats even possible

"James i want one day. One day to walk outside. Lift my beautiful baby girl from school. Go to the beach. And love all of you evry last piece" tears stream from katherines eyes i know she wants this more than anything.

"If thats what you want katherine thats exactly what you'll get. A day to remember" her face lights up and she beams at me making me smile too.

"And we can get ice cream" she giggles a little and i join her laughing

"You know babe this is what im going to miss when youre gone"

She looks across at me and we look into eachothers eyes. Her beautiful blue orbs capture me. We speak silently with eachother. Emotions on full display and i know how we both feel at this exact moment. 

Shes scared i can tell. She puts on her brave front laughing, giggling and messing around but shes silently telling me we havent long left and that these next few days mean so much to her. I cant say no to katherine.

My katherine

Authors note

We have a long awaited chapter and in james pov for a change i hope your enjoying this book and hopefull the wait was worth it xxx