•1•

"Genevieve there's not a snowballs chance in hell I'm going to work as a maid for a werewolf, and an alpha at that

"Genevieve there's not a snowballs chance in hell I'm going to work as a maid for a werewolf, and an alpha at that."

Eden clenched her phone in her small hands and rolled her eyes at her sisters insistence to apply for the job.

"You know I don't trust werewolves, Genevieve do you really think I want to work for one?"

Eden heard her sister, Genevieve groan in annoyance.

"Can I at least tell you how much you would make?"

Eden ran a hand through her hair.

"Fine but make it quick." Eden agreed.

Eden dropped the phone when her sister informed her how much she would be paid.

The phone made a dull thud as it hit the ground. Eden began trembling slightly.

If she got the job she wouldn't have to work two jobs and live in her dreadful confining apartment anymore.

"Eden? Hello?" Her sisters voice called out through the speaker.

Eden snapped out of her trance and scrambled to pick up the phone.

"When would the interview be?"

~~~~~

The day of the interview Eden's stomach felt as if it was made of cogs and wires all churning and short circuiting.

Eden desperately wanted the job but didn't know if she could handle working for the werewolf Alpha of Wales.

Eden dressed in a dainty embroidered white blouse with a pale blue skirt and black flats. She curled the ends of her soft brown hair and attempted to look presentable.

She got in the car and drove. The Alphas home was two hours away from where she lived. The whole time there she wondered why she was doing this.

Was it really worth the money?

Eden forced her thoughts aside and focused on not getting lost.

When she had arrived at the immaculate and spectacular castle of a house she immediately was overcome with a wave of nausea.

She'd only heard rumors of the alpha that resided. And few of them were very encouraging.

At the gate bordering the castle she was told via a small speaker system to step out of her vehicle and that someone would park it for her.

She cautiously obliged.

A burly man and a petite woman with a pixie cut walked through the large gate.

The man got into her car and drove it off to God knows where and the woman approached her.

"Hi Eden, my name is Candice. I'll be guiding you to Alpha Malcolm's office," she greeted warmly.

Eden nodded and followed the woman through the front courtyard and into the massive main doors.

When Eden stepped inside she was completely astonished.

The interior was absolutely marvelous. The gold and white color scheme radiated its surroundings. The gold detailing was practically iridescent.

Candice grinned at Eden's reaction.

"Almost all of it is real, authentic gold. It's taken him years and years to collect it all."

Eden nodded in acknowledgment of what Candice had said.

"This way please," Candice urged motioning Eden to follow her.

"Because Alpha Malcom is always a bit wary of hiring new help he will be interviewing you himself."

Eden's eyes widened.

Why would he waste time doing something like interviewing a possible new maid when he had a country of wolves to run?

They walked through the magnificent seemingly, never ending palace for several more minutes until they came to a halt at a large pair of double doors.

Candice knocked on the door.

"I'm here with the the girl who applied for the maid position."

"Send her in," a voice from the other side called out.

Candice opened the door and ushered Eden inside, then shut the door.

Eden scanned the extravagant and impractically large office until her eyes landed on her possible future employer.

He had hair the exact shade of polished gold, sea glass green colored eyes that glinted with mischief and dear lord he had dimples.

Eden wanted to immediately bolt out of the room. She was expecting some overly muscly man with an abundance of body hair and teeth that stuck out from his lips, not some Greek god with a chiseled jawline and high cheekbones.

"Please, come take a seat."

Eden was immediately taken aback by the fact that he did not have a welsh accent. It wasn't quite Spanish or Italian but something rich and ever so faint she couldn't put her finger on it.

She walked across the room and sat in the plush chair in front of his desk.

"Eden Glace that is your name correct?"

"Yes." She said trying to sound polite.

This man had a certain air of entitled arrogance about him hat Eden found difficult to ignore.

Malcolm flipped through the various pages of paperwork Eden had filled out and mailed to him a few weeks before.

"Excellent," Malcolm murmured.

"You will begin working tomorrow. I will have one of my assistants fill you in on the minor details and train you. Does working five days a week Monday through Friday work for you, love?"

Eden blinked once. Twice.

He was just going to give her the job? The only question he had asked her was her name.

She snapped out of her trance.

"Yes that will be fine."

"Thank you for coming in, love. Candice will escort you out."

Eden mumbled a thank you and walked out of the room.