Wine And Blood

When Ai and Sya finished prepping and cleaning, they usually sit down to have a jug of wine together at the end of the night to destress and talk about business. When Sya stepped out of the kitchen there were three jugs of wine on Duke Ju Long's table, instead of the two that was there before.

Sya thought to just ignore them, but Ai immediately grabs Sya's hand and leads Sya to sit down next to Duke Ju Long while she adds another table to theirs and sits down next to Sya. Completely blocking Sya in between two people and a way to run away. The wall was right behind her, so even if she wanted to get up and leave, she had to jump over the table, or push Ai out of the way to do so.

Resigning herself to her current situation, Sya lifted her cup so Ai could pour her some wine, but instead of Ai, it was Ju Long who poured Sya a cup of wine.

"Wife must be tired from working all day." Ju Long said as he set the jug of wine down. "Wife worked hard today. Wife did a good job."

Sya stares the the stormy grey eyes for a long time. What does this man want from her. This has only been their second time meeting, and yet he has called her his 'Wife' so many times already. Staying quiet, Sya drinks the wine, but before she could drink it, Ju Long quickly interrupts her.

"If you drink the wine Husband poured for you, it means you'll accept Husband Ju Long."

The wine had already touched her lips and her mouth had a mouth full of wine in it. Should she spit it back out? As she began to tilt her head forward to put the wine back into the cup, Ai's hand blocked Sya's movement and forced her to drink the wine.

"It's not Ladylike to not swallow the wine already in your mouth." Ai lectured her.

Sya swallowed the wine down then turned to Ai.

"And what if the wine is poisoned? Should this Lady still drink the wine?" Sya said as she pouted.

"Was it poisoned?"

"No... but---"

"But it wasn't, so you should drink the wine properly." Ai said as she smiled at Sya.

"Wife has agreed to accept husband." Ju Long said excitedly as he poured wine into the empty cups and cheered everyone.

Sya sat there quietly as she drank the wine, not caring what the group talked about. She had long stopped listening to them and had gone into a state of zen and started cultivating. The surroundings and the wine was purifying her veins, her blood, her muscles, and her bones. And she needed all the energy she could get, to start working the next day.

Three jugs of wine became four. Four jugs of wine became five, then six. And the night became darker and darker.

Sya suddenly stood up. Because she was such in a zen state. She was sensitive to her surroundings. There was a light flicker of intense hatred and evil before it quickly left.

Before anyone could say or do anything, Sya had jumped on to the table and out the window to follow the entity that had spied on them.

"Lady Sya!" Ai began to say as she too followed Sya.

Suddenly, behind Sya were five people who kept up with her flying speed. No matter how fast she pushed to follow the evil aura, they kept up as well. The evil aura lead them to the outskirts of the city, to the near by forest. Inside of the forest was a tiny hut with no lights on. As Sya knelt down by a tree, the five of them landed quietly behind Sya and listened as well.

"Did you find her?" A man's voice asked excitedly.

"Em." Another man's voice said. "I have seen her with my own eyes and it's what they say. She is truly a beauty that no one can compare. She is surely her father's daughter."

"Should we try to bring her back?"

"No. She is too strong for us to handle. We need more men. Lets send word to our comrades so they can come quickly."

The paper bird flew from the dark hut, but before it could even fly away, Sya had already drew out her dark red qi bow and shot it down with her qi arrow.

The four men stared at Lady Sya in awe. They have never seen anyone make a qi weapon before. Lady Sya was truly more powerful than the four of them combined. As they stood there in awe and surprise, Sya had already made her move towards the hut.

It was only a few moments, but in those few moments, the two men inside the hut were already dead. The icy white sword that Sya brought out earlier flicked twice and both men died instantly.

Ai walks up to the dead bodies and flings on to them a white powder that immediately activates and the dead bodies start to shake and steam starts to waft up from the bodies as they melt into liquid and disappear.

The men watch as Sya and Ai search the hut for any clues before stepping out of the hut. They followed the two women, without any words or questions and watched as Ai conjured fire and threw it on the hut. They watched the hut burn down to the ground before the fire dies and the hut that once was there, was nothing but a pile of ash. Ai flicked her wrist and as if she commanded the winds as well, a heavy wind blew through the trees and picked up the ash and brought them away.

The two women left without a word and the four men stayed behind, not believing their eyes.

"Our new Lady of the Wei Clan is worthy of our Duke." Thorvald said as he nods his head up and down.

"Of course your new Lady is worthy of this Duke! This Duke has great eyes to see the truth!" Ju Long said as he boasted. "Lets make sure my Lady and her servant has arrived back to Baozhai Restaurant safely! This Duke likes to know that they are safe before we move on with our plans."