Authors Note.

For RangerGray and IndiDoughnuts for believing in me, and telling me to publish this.

For everyone else that is a fan of my work, and has supported me so far.

'Barrenlands: An Odyssey' had been on the loose pages of my notebooks since I was a little kid. By the age of fourteen, I was a hardcore fan of both Frank Herbert's 'Dune' and Stephen King's 'Gunslinger'.  All those sleepless nights spent reading with my nose in the books resulted in many a nights of vivid dreams and sketches on both paper and in my mind of a dystopic wasteland. 

From this, born 'Barrenlands' and the character idea of the 'Engineer', a mysterious drifter - a wanderer - who devotes its life to searching the wasted planes in the hope of finding the truth behind the dystopian chaos of the world and to restore life as to what was learned and described in books and old scrolls. 

To describe it would be to say it is a SciFi tale, mixed in with elements of Fantasy. It heavily relies on rich descriptions to paint the unfolding of the scene, and the chapters are varied in length. The book itself will also be updated in my own time, as it is more of a personal journey than one destined for WattPad. It will also be my first time writing what I hope to be an odyssey of sorts.

Sit back and enjoy, let your mind guide you on the journey, and don't forget to vote and comment if you feel so inclined. 

-

This is 'Barrenlands: An Odyssey'. 

Part 1 - The Desert provides a foundation - a springboard base - to the story;

Part 2 - The Outpost is building on top of this.