29

Santiago

I chuckled and took another sip of my drink, clenching my jaw as Toni continued to tell me about his escapades as a bachelor.

"You know," he began, "I didn't know she was your babysitter."

I lifted an eyebrow. "What's that mean?"

"I met her last night," he said, shooting me a smile as he brought his glass up to his lips.

"Oh, you know her?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I know her very well."

I knitted my brows together. "I'm not following."

"If you get what I mean," he said, shooting me a wink.

I couldn't stop my eyebrows from shooting up and my lips from parting. "Oh, I-I was not aware of how well you two knew eachother."

"Oh, yeah," he said, shooting me his famous playboy smile.

I decided to stay silent, mostly because I was unaware of how to react, or what to say.

"Where'd you meet her?" I asked, just out of curiosity.

"The club."

"How'd she get into a club? She's only eighteen."

"It was an eighteen and up club," he answered, "but she wasn't hesitant to down about ten shots of Patrón."

I lifted my eyebrows and cupped my chin with my hand, my eyes fixated on Toni.

"Don't worry," he said, "I think she's got a high tolerance. The boys are fine with her, she was basically sober when we got back to her place-"

"Okay," I answered, before he could dive further into detail.

I truly didn't care about what went on with them.

Toni shot an eyebrow up at me and I downed the rest of my drink. "Did she know that you and I were affiliated?"

He shook his head. "No, and I sure as hell wouldn't have guessed that you two were."

I nodded.

"I don't know a lot about the girl," he said, swirling his index finger around the rim of his glass, "but I know she's good at what she does."

He shot me a grin and I could barely help the anger that was boiling inside of me.

I know she's good at what she does, too.

"On a different note," he began, "I'm so sorry about Sandra, man."

I shook my head, clearing my throat as I straightened my posture.

"If you want Mat off the map, you know I know people. I've got you, San."

I shook my head. "No, no, if they make eachother happy, then so be it."

Toni chuckled, shaking his head. "You're a better man than me, Santy."

I hesitated for a bit, tilting my head over with a smirk tugging at my lips. "No, I'm not a good man at all."

The famous words of my younger brother.

~*~

Adora

"Hey, where are the gummies at? I can't find them."

I rummaged through the pantry, looking back at Santiago for an answer.

Nothing.

"Okay, or don't answer me," I mumbled, closing the pantry door.

I turned around and folded my arms over my chest, facing him. He shot me a glance and lifted an eyebrow, looking back down at his phone.