[Chapter 69]: He didn't know

"What do you mean you're not going to school today?"

"You got shit for brains or something? You heard me." Katsuki growled in response to your question.

"Katsuki, you can't miss any more school because of me... I mean you have finals next week."

"They're your fucking finals too."

It was true. Technically you were still enrolled as a student of UA. But after tomorrow's trial, it was possible that that was the end of it. Despite that, you insisted further.

"Mitsuki, he should go to school right?" You gazed across the table at her.

"OI, DON'T FUCKING ASK THE OLD HAGS OPINI-MMMPPHHH." Mitsuki placed her hand over her son's mouth. She pushed him to the side, interjecting her own question.

"Well (y/n), do you want him to stay here with you?"

"Of course I do, but-"

"Then it's fine. I'll call the school!" She exclaimed. Katsuki gripped Mitsuki's hand and tore it from his face.

"YEAH (Y/N), SHE'S GOT A POINT."

"DON'T THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN THAT YOU CALLED ME AN OLD HAG YOU LITTLE SHIT."

- - -

"(Y/n), I'm fucking bored." Katsuki complained, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you across his bed towards him. You had been occupied trying to catch up on all the material you missed at school. Huffing a bit in frustration, you continued to hold the notebook in front of your face as he dragged you away.

"I told you if you decided to stay here I was just gonna study." You scoffed. He grumbled a bit in protest against your back before sinking his teeth into your shoulder lightly. You jolted at the sudden nip.

"OW KATSUKI, WHAT THE HELL?!" You felt him smirk against you.

"Just trying to get your attention."

I swear to god this boy...

"Alright fine, you have it." You reluctantly groaned. "What do you want to do?"

"I wanna have sex again."

You nearly choked on air at his straightforward answer.

"KATSUKI YOUR MOM IS LITERALLY DOWNSTAIRS." You frantically replied.

"I can be quiet."

You grumbled in utter disbelief before reaching back and smacking your notebook over the top of his head.

"No."

"EH?! WHY NOT?"

"I'm still sore. We've talked about this."

Katsuki muttered a few quiet profanities before giving up and pulling you closer against him.

"Okay fine. Tomorrow night then?" He questioned.

Tomorrow huh?

You froze and stared blankly at the notebook.

Tomorrow... Will I still be free then?

You were both silent for a moment, the air growing stiff and uncomfortable at the sudden reality.

"Katsuki... You realize I may be going to prison tomorrow right?"

"I fucking told you already, you're not-"

"You don't know that!" Your throat grew tight and your voice strained. Sitting up, you tossed your notebook onto the floor. "There's not even any point studying... When Mr. Furukawa brings up my past at the trial tomorrow-"

"Calm the fuck down. We haven't gotten this far by being fucking pessimists." Katsuki reassured, pulling himself up to sit next to you. He placed a hand on your shoulder. "You heard the judge, what happened in the past is fucking irrelevant."

Legally speaking it was irrelevant to the current situation. But there was no doubt in your mind that if the jury learned of your past, their judgment would be swayed.

"I know, I just..." Your shoulders hunched forward as you brought your hands up to cover your face. "Katsuki I'm just so scared." Finally, your voice broke and tears flooded down your cheeks. "I don't wanna spend the next few years of my life in a cell... I want to go back to school and spend my days learning how to become a hero. I want to see my friends. I want to stay here with you."

Your breathing escalated to the point of hyperventilation. You couldn't help but panic. The stakes were so high.

There was so much to lose.

Katsuki peered at you softly before reaching out to wrap his hands around your shoulders and the back of your head.  He pulled you into him and rested his chin on the top of your head.

"Breathe... Just fucking breathe alright..." It was one of those rare occasions when his voice was soothing. You tried your best, taking long deep breaths in an attempt to calm down.  "Listen to me (y/n). No matter what happens tomorrow I'm on your side. There isn't a damn thing in the fucking world that can stop me." He ran his fingers through your hair, his hand slowly tracing down your back and making small circles. His embrace was warm, comforting. It made you feel safe. "No matter where you end up, I'll come to rescue you... Got that you big idiot?"

The panicked state that gripped your mind seemed to melt away at his words. You sniffled into his chest and nodded gently.

"I got it Katsuki... Thank you."

He waited there for awhile until you calmed down a bit more before pulling away.

"I gotta go take a leak so get back to your shitty note taking. It'll look bad for me if your class rank drops." Katsuki stood up from his bed abruptly and tossed your notebook back to you.

"Ehhh? Okay..." You caught the notebook, however, your gaze did not waver from him as he exited the room.

Katsuki paced the hallways before pressing his back against the wall outside his room. Hugging his knees against his chest, he raised an arm to cover his face.

"Dammit all..." He shakily muttered. "I fucking lied to her. I can't fucking believe myself..."

Truth be told, he didn't know what was going to happen tomorrow. He didn't know if this was the end for you. Despite his reassuring words spoken only minutes ago, Katsuki Bakugou was absolutely and utterly terrified.

Because for once in his life, he didn't know if he was going to win.