•22- Why?•

My eyes fluttered open and I look around, seeing a wooden floor. I noticed I was still in my wolf form from earlier, I guess I was too tired to change back. No problem with that.

"Good morning," Xan says from behind me. I twist my head and look back at him, nodding back. "Do you need some cloths to shift into?" he asks me, smiling a bit. I nod, forgetting that I forgot closes, oh wait, Ace never got me cloths.

He nods and goes down a small hallway and quickly returns with a hoodie in his hands. He tosses it in front of me, "The bathroom is the first door to the left," he says, sitting on the couch to watch tv.

I nod, picking up the shirt with my mouth as I headed into the bathroom. I expected Xan and Danielle to be scarier, they are still serial killers after all. Sometimes I forget that though, I wish I could forget Ace killed thousands. He's a psychopath for all I know, and that's all I know him for. But something did seem to make him distressed, me leaving, but that was also most likely his wolf. If only I had answers to all the world.

I shift back, looking into the mirror for awhile before slipping the hoodie over me. It went to my mid-thigh, which was too bad. The hoodie was cozy, so I was happy, for now.

I exit the bathroom to see Danielle sitting on the couch next to Xan. I decided to sit on the floor again a wall, on the other side of the room. I wasn't exactly comfortable around them. Being cautious is my best bet right now. Dying would suck, or not, I was still deciding if there was even a small possibility of me getting out of this.

"Oh come on," Danielle says. I look at him confused, not knowing if he was talking to tv or me. "Come on Lillian, you don't have to be scared of us," he finishes, patting the seat next to him. I shake my head, no. I could see the tv from here, no problems here.

"How could Ace make his own mate scared of the real world?" Xan asks to particularly nobody. Danielle nods, also shrugging. They both stared down at me with thought in their eyes a. For who they were, it was easy to tell their emotions. Everybody is different after all, but Ace was a special type of different. Crazy bitch.

An hour later it was lunch time and Xan and Danielle were arguing over what to eat. Xan wanted chinese while Danielle wanted pizza, and guess who got asked which is better, me.

I looked up at both of them, "Why don't you do both, but just enough for each of you?" I ask, shrugging. If they wanted to do that they could, they wanted my opinion anyways. I was not hungry at all, my appetite is the least of my worries.

"Smart one," Xan says, taking out his phone. Danielle agrees and calls the pizza place while Xan calls some Chinese buffet.

Within thirty minutes both the meals arrived and the two began inhaling the food. They did not look like they were chewing one bit, a bit freaky.

"Here," Danielle offers me a piece of pizza. I politely decline, just staring at the floor. He shrugs and eats that piece along with five others. Werewolves had a huge appetite, not like we could compare it to anything though.

Soon enough night began to fall as the day grew long and bored. Danielle went out and I was left with Xan watching sports, and I hate sports. Not like I had the guts to tell him to change the damn channel. How I wish I did.

He glances at me a few times before walking over to me and picking me up without a word. I wiggle, but he doesn't let me go. He walks down the hallways and enters a navy blue bedroom, that was surprisingly tidy. He lays me down on the bed, "You can sleep here tonight, I got the couch. Trust me, you would not want Danielle's room," he whispers, tucking me in. I felt like a child, but it was oddly comforting.

"Goodnight Lillian," Xan says, turning off the lights so it was about pitch black in the room. I closed my eyes and got comfortable, inhaling the scent of a strong cologne. Hopefully I could just stay here a little longer.

~•~

My eyes opened when I heard rustling around nearby. I focus and see that the bedroom door was wide open. I shrugged it off till I saw a shadow reflecting off the wall out in the hallway. At was still, like t was watching something, but from the position it was at, it couldn't see me.

I stare at it for a bit longer, to see if it was Xan or Danielle, but the hairstyle was completely different, and this guy was slouching. I bit my lip, wrapping the blanket tightly around me.

My ears perked up when I heard talking, "Two-hundred grand," said a voice. It was older, and somehow familiar. I wonder what he was talking about? It seems like money, but as to what?

"We have our lives on the line," Xan growls. I flinch, he sounded very scary. "Three-hundred grand a protection service for a year," he adds. They were dealing, and it seemed to be a little more than a drug deal. A drug deal would've have a protection service.

The other man speaks up, grumbling, "Two-hundred-fifty with the year of protection services, that's as high as I'll go before sending you freaks to jail!" My eyes go wide as I connect the dots. That man out there is the Warden, the warden of the highest security werewolf system. The one hunting for Ace's mate, aka, me.

"Deal!" Danielle says, happiness in his voice. I slowly slide out of the bed, but I heard footsteps coming my way, so I looked around for the best thing to do.

First thing I saw? A window. I break through the glass and fall down hard onto the ground. I looked back up at the window for a brief moment, seeing the warden smiling, as if to say I wouldn't win.

My hands were covered in blood as I wiped my face. That was not smooth one bit, but I did what I had to.

I take a step forward, but wolves started to appear around me. They were prepared, and I am going to loose.

•••

The video of me answering questions is going to be either the next chapter or the one after that. Feel free to keep asking questions 👏👏

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the little twist. Hopefully you remember what the warden wanted with Ace's mate.

Oh and before I forget, again, the next book I want to do is renewal of one that I deleted a year ago called As The Bird Howls, I'll discuss about it more in later authors notes.