16] the brightness of the sun

moondust- jaymes young

~HOSEOK'S POV~ 

He woke late the next morning to find your arms to still be encircling his torso. Both his legs and yours were tangled up, his head tucked into the space where your chest and shoulder met. He was glazed with sweat, wanting to get up and see if you had an extra box fan in the living room.

In the morning light, Hoseok found himself obtaining a bit of much-needed perspective. Things didn't seem quite as bad anymore as you had managed to talk him down. He was so incredibly grateful for your soft touch and your kind words. He was grateful that you held him all night and that you invited him in in the first place. You were so selfless, and he loved you for that.

Hoseok slowly and carefully untangled himself from you as you continued to sleep. His goal was to find another box fan to help cool the room down and to grab some water for you both. He ignored his crumpled-up shirt that was on your floor and proceeded to go down the hallway into the joint living room and kitchen. He was yawning and attempting to rake his fingers through his terrible bedhead when he was suddenly faced with 3 girls; all 3 of your roommates.

They were sitting in the living room, munching on breakfast and watching the TV at a low volume. He started to turn around, feeling awkward as he realized he was half-naked.

"Hoseok?" he recognized the voice calling out to him as Mia's. He grimaced and turned back around to face the girls.

"Did you spend the night here? Are you okay? How's Kaylen doing? Mia seemed deeply concerned, and for good reason, "I've tried calling Kai a dozen times, but he won't answer me."

"Yeah, I came here in the middle of the night...I just needed to get out of my house, and I wanted to talk to Y/N...I'm sorry for intruding."

"Don't be sorry," Mia insisted before being interrupted by Paige.

"I understand why you came this time around, but don't make it a habit, alright? This house is crowded enough as is."

"Paige, shup up," both Mia and Emma said in unison. Hoseok took that as his cue to continue speaking.

"Kaylen is still in the hospital. I guess nothing monumental has happened since they haven't contacted me. And Kai probably isn't talking to anyone right now, so try not to take it too personally. He'll come around."

"I understand...Thanks," Mia seemed disappointed but also grateful for Hoseok's words. "Do you need anything?"

"I just came out here for some water and to see if you guys had an extra fan. It's really stuffy in Y/N's room."

"Sure, I have an extra in my closet. I'll grab it for you. And there's water and juice in the fridge so help yourself."

"Thank, Mia. I appreciate it."