Chapter 7 - Edited Once

Julian

(Edited Once)

I saw Stella asleep on my king-sized bed, and I just stayed up admiring her captivating beauty. I knew that she might not have had the best childhood, but I was willing to make her realize that I was here with her to shed light on her future. I was aware of my flaws, such as my hot temper for rogues, so I did not want to scare her off, and I wanted her to trust me.

I'll have to introduce her to my parents and the whole pack. But what should I do to win her heart without coming out as a creep?

Well... You could tell her about the werewolf thing and maybe... just maybe... that you are her mate! Just a little thought.′ Peter commented sarcastically, and I rolled my eyes at him.

′I know, but she's human. I should come up with an excellent speech to tell her the truth. You know that can be disturbing for an innocent human, and she might not believe me.′ I replied with a sigh. Peter was too ambitious.

′If she doesn't believe you, you could just turn in front of her,′ he suggested.

′Yeah, you are right. Then her soul would leave her body!′ I replied with a smile that clearly showed my irritation. My wolf was an idiot.

Stella is beautiful and soft. What did we do to have her as our mate? She's so tiny, which makes me go overprotective of her, and we just met her!′ Peter said affectionately, and that was a first since he was the wolf that did not show his emotions no matter what. He was indeed an idiot, yet loving and protective.

I chuckled. ′Well, Peter, that's the mate bond for you. It's so strong, even you can't avoid it.′ I said, and he slept with a smile. I fixed my position on the bed so that Stella was in my arms. I felt calm and at peace for the first time in a long time. 

Being the only son of the alpha can be stressful and challenging. All the things that I had to deal with to ensure our pack's safety drove me nuts. 

I shook off my thoughts about the pack for a moment and looked at her face. She was an angel whom I searched for in the most common places for werewolves to live in. I had the help of my Beta and best friend, Cody. I was devastated when I could not find her, yet I did not lose hope. I just saved myself for her.

The fact that I was soon to be an alpha did not help me because I was without the Luna. Some elders, who had nothing better to do than shove their noses in people's business, wanted me to marry a random female member and make her the Luna, and I refused with a selected word choice that was not so nice.

I only focused on finding my mate, yet plenty of female werewolves used to throw themselves at me without caring for my future mate or my feelings. I avoided them and did not spare them a second glance because I believed it was not right to sleep around while there was a mate for you.

The elders were bothersome; they kept on telling me that I needed a Luna to be a supreme alpha. A Luna with a gentle heart made of gold and pure innocence would be great for the alpha to rule. I am glad I waited.

Stella will be the perfect Luna for the Graymod pack and a remarkable mate for me. I was delighted that I did not make the mistake other males did before finding their mates. When they eventually found their mate, their encounter did not end well for most of them. Some were rejected, and others were forgiven, but not so quickly. They were forgiven after months of begging and groveling.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I felt Stella move, yet she was not awake. Her facial expressions indicated that she was having a nightmare. I got closer to her side and whispered. "Don't worry. It's just a dream, Stella. You are safe with me now. Do not fear anything, angel." I told her, and she instantly calmed down. I kissed her head and closed my eyes.

~~~

"Julian... Julian, wake up!" I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see my beautiful mate looking at me with confusion reflecting in her mesmerizing gray eyes.

"Yeah?" I replied without bothering to move since I was feeling comfortable with her in my arms.

"Why are your arms around me?" She asked. Apparently, she was not as comfortable. 'Bummer!' Peter's comment almost made me laugh. Almost.

"You were having a nightmare," I replied. I didn't lie. Stella had a nightmare, but it wasn't the only reason I held her.

"Oh... um, can you let go of me now?" she asked in her sweet voice that sounded like a lullaby to my ears.

"Why?"

She blushed. "Because I need to go to the bathroom," she stuttered, and I beamed. 

'You had to embarrass her?' Peter asked, and I ignored him.

"Sure, but come back to sleep; it's-" I looked at my phone to see the time. "3 am. You need sleep," I said, and my mate nodded. She got out of my bed and headed to the bathroom.

I lay on my stomach and buried my face in my comfy pillow. After five minutes of silent waiting, she let out a loud scream that made me hop from my bed. "Stella, what's wrong?" I banged on the door, yet it was locked, and Peter growled really loud.

'Save mate!'

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys #^_^

I hope you liked this chapter ♡

Comment your hair color, mine is light brown with a hint of gold.

Please vote ♛