XVI

7 Years Later...

TAKASHI SLID INTO THE THIRD PEW at the front of the church, taking a seat next to Braelyn. The church was overcrowded and he was more than late, so he hoped he didn't cause a scene now walking in with only thirty minutes of the service left. But he was coming just coming off of work and honestly providing for his family was more important. Even though church was a very powerful factor in his life, if he got fired the pastor would still have his job and he wouldn't. So taking care of his family was first priority, honestly.

"Hey baby," Takashi whispered, gently squeezing Braelyn's hand as he took their three year old daughter Brielle out of her arms.

Immediately Brielle tried talking but Takashi put a finger up to his mouth and popped her pacifier in her mouth. She was too old to still be using it, but they would ween her off of it by time she was four; which was the latest age a child should be using it anyway.

Braelyn smiled at him, seeing how good he looked in his suit. He smelled just as amazing and she was glad to have him as her husband. She glanced down at the silver band he wore on his ring finger faithfully. She made eye contact with him and he winked at her making her blush like a little school girl.

"I miss anything?"

Braelyn almost giggled but put her hand over her mouth. "Well...just about everything." She whispered.

They smiled at each other and continued to listen to the rest of the ceremony until service finished. People started to exit the church, including Takashi and Braelyn along with Braelyn's parents who were sitting behind them. It was Saturday and one o' clock in the afternoon. Usually sometimes after church they would all go out to eat, but after coming from work Takashi was tired. He'd rather sleep and get a home cooked meal instead.

Braelyn's parents had picked her and the baby up from church and they wanted to drop them back just to spend a little more time with them, so Takashi rode his own car back to the house. The drive was a twenty minute one when Takashi pulled into his driveway. He could tell Braelyn's parents had dropped her off and left because he saw the lights on in the living room which let him know the girls were home, but no sign of her parent's jeep which meant they had left.

Takashi got out and unlocked the door, briefcase in hand as he rested it on the ground and locked it. Immediately he was greeted by three year old Brielle who was doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing by how she jumped and ran up to him as if she was trying to distract him.

"Aye!" Takashi sung, picking her up and twirling her around as he drowned her in kisses. "what you doing girl? You over here messing with something? You destroying something?"

Brielle spit the pacifier out her mouth and kissed his cheek. "Hungry daddy. I hungry."

"Yeah? Okay mommy will make you something to eat then, okay?"