3-Spongebob goes missing?

"AHHH!" Squidward's screams could be heard from across town. "SPONGEBOB! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED!"

"We're having a sleepover, aren't we?" Spongebob questioned with innocence.

"NO! GET OUT!" yelled a grouchy Squidward as he pushed Spongebob out of his house, slamming the door shut in his face.

"Ok, Squidward, see you tomorrow!" chirps Spongebob excitedly. He skips towards his house.

********

The next morning, Squidward woke up peacefully for the first time in three months. Why is it...so quiet? he wondered as he walked downstairs in astonishment. Squidward scanned the area cautiously, expecting something or someone (perhaps that annoying yellow sponge) to pop out suddenly.

"Hm..." Squidward mumbled to himself. "If Spongebob's not here today...then I get to enjoy my peace and quiet for once?" A big grin spread across Squidward's face as he leaped into the air, jumping for joy.

"YAHOO!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, waking up half of Bikini Bottom. He raced out the door to begin his peaceful and quiet day.

********

"Wow, you're here early," commented Mr. Krabs. "Usually, you get here as late as you can."

"I know!" exclaimed Squidward with a big grin. Mr. Krabs narrowed his eyes and stared at Squidward skeptically.

"Why do you look so...happy?"

"I don't know, I just feel so much more happier than I ever have in my entire life!"

Mr. Krabs wondered what was going on. Was Squidward finally going crazy? "Uh, are you sure you're okay? You don't have to work today, y'know."

Squidward chuckled. "I'm fine, Mr. Krabs."

Squidward chuckled? Mr. Krabs thought. Something's not right.

All throughout work, Mr. Krabs kept a close eye on Squidward. Instead of being grouchy like usual, Squidward greeted each and every single customer with a big, flashy smile.

Squidward inhaled deeply. "Ah, even the stench of Spongebob is gone." he mused. "Its great that I was able to bribe Jerry into taking Spongebob's place in the kitchen."

Mr. Krabs realized that Squidward was just joyful that Spongrbob wasn't here for the first time.

********

Squidward joyfully ate dinner and joyfully went to sleep. He joyfully woke up the next morning and joyfully got out of bed to eat breakfast. He joyfully went to work at the Krusty Krab, and then joyfully went to sleep again.

Soon, Squidward started to become bored. Without Spongebob, he did have his peace and quiet, but nothing ever happened anymore. He started to loathe his mischief-less life.

"This is so boring," he thought out loud. "I kind of miss Spongebob." Squidward decided to ask Patrick where Spongebob had gone.

"Hey, idiot, open up!" boomed Squidward as he knocked viciously on Patrick's rock.

"Hi, Squidward!" exclaimed Patrick as he stepped out of his house.

"Where's Spongebob?" Squidward inquired.

"Uhh, I don't know," professed Patrick, scratching his head. "At the Krusty Krab?"

"Patrick, he's been missing for a week!" Squidward realized.

"I'm bad at these guessing games. Can you tell me the answer?" Patrick requested.

"No, Patrick," answered Squidward. He ran into Spongebob's house. Everything seemed in place, except Gary was gone, too. Squidward checked the closet and all of Spongebob's clothes had disappeared along with them.

"Did he run away?" gasped Squidward. "No, that wouldn't make any sense; he loves Bikini Bottom too much." Yet, it wasn't hard for him to imagine a lonely Spongebob trudging down the street, clothes all tattered, and Gary with his shell broken.

Squidward had to continue his search for Spongebob since nobody else but him noticed his disappearance.

"I'll find you, Spongebob, if it's the last thing I ever do."