Rewrite Announcement

I know that, as it stands, the beginning chapters of Our Love Could Be Lethal (OLCBL) are not the best in terms of quality. They were written by a much younger, much less trained and educated creative writer than I am now. Since the story's conception, I have been excited to get to the 75th Games. There are many very old, very detailed plans for those Games that I've been itching to get to, but I've found myself paralyzed with writer's block due to the instability of the foundational chapters, hence my lack of updates for OLCBL in recent months. Large parts of the "old" chapters are no longer up to my current standards and had been weighing on my mind heavily as I felt their quality was disjointedly and jarringly far from the quality of more current chapters like those in Act III. During my hiatus, I have been working on a new version of Act I in a separate book—until the rewrite is complete—that you can find on my page. As it stands, the published sections of the rewrite have a read time of about 4 and a half hours, which is already a third the length of this book while only having written through a third of the Act I material, so there's a lot of expansion and new content for those of you who have already read it.  I am extremely proud of these new chapters I hope that you'll enjoy them as they come out and the 75th Games and beyond once they're finished. Happy reading!

Update: Jan 2024. I am about 5/8th the way through the rewrite. We are looking at 85 thousandish words written for this section of Act I which is about half the length of the entire OG book. We are currently in-between the 69th and 70th Hunger Games, the next chapter to be written is meeting "you know who" for the first time...

~ninjasawakenedmystar