~Nineteen~

A/N: Wow this is long. My bad :p

Sea Lane was actually quite a distance away from Worthing pier. So, after we had our lunch, we had to climb back into Harry's car and drive down the road a little more so that we could park closer to the pier. The closest we could park, however, was on the side of the road opposite the CrabShack restaurant – but it wasn't too bad – since it was literally just a 5 or 6-minute walk from the restaurant to the pier.

Once we climbed out of the car again, Harry wouldn't stop eagerly looking all around – clearly keen to see more of what Worthing had to offer. It was honestly so cute seeing how excited he could get in a new area – and the way he seemed so keen to explore more of my hometown was really touching. And so, like I promised him, I began to act like his tour guide – showing him restaurants, gift shops, and apartments – also telling him about some of my favourite places by the beach front that also meant so much to me.

"Oh – do you see that park across the road there?" I nudged Harry and pointed to the other side of the road, "With the monument and the five flags behind it?"

"Yeah," Harry replied with a nod.

"That's Steyne Gardens," I began to break out a fond smile as I looked towards the park, "it was where I used to take Piper for little outings in her pram. She took her very first steps there, too."

"Really?" Harry smiled as well, "How old was she then?"

"11 months old," I replied with an affectionate chuckle, "she was so excited. She was doing all this giggling and babbling because she was so happy. And as for me...seeing her walk for the very first time...it actually brought tears to my eyes."

"Aww," Harry's smile grew, "that's sweet, Leah. I can just imagine how delighted you must've been."

"Oh...delighted doesn't even begin to cover it," I chuckled again, "I was so proud of her."

"I don't doubt that you were," he chuckled softly, "hey...what's that building over there?"

"Which one?" I asked him.

"That one. That big one – right next to Steyne Gardens."

I was prompted to follow his gaze to the large building just to the right of the park.

"Oh," I said, "that's Warnes. They're some of the best seaside apartments in town."

"Really?" Harry's eyebrows rose.

I nodded. "And I think the penthouse costs over £1,000,000 to buy. That is a lot for an apartment around here. I think it's one of the main reasons why it's been listed for sale for about three years."

"Is that so?" He asked as he rose his eyes towards the Warnes penthouse, "Three years?"

"Yup," I nodded again, "I think it was added on Rightmove around 2014. Ashley & I came across its listing while we were trying to find a place to rent together after Piper turned two. The listing was already about a year old when we first found it," I then let out a sigh, "Ash & I both got intrigued and started looking at all the pictures of the apartment. It's a really nice-looking place. We would've loved to live there...if only we had the money," I chuckled, "oh well. If it ever does get sold, its buyer's gonna be pretty lucky."