CHAPTER 13

Two weeks after Pierce's brother came by, Pierce had to go on a business trip to a neighboring pack for three days.

"Does that mean I gotta make calls or whatever? Like talk to people? Solve all the pack's problems?" Cordelia asked Pierce as he started to pack some stuff. He chuckled. "No. Brian will do all that. You just need to be yourself. Go talk to people in the pack. Get out of the house." He told her and kissed her forehead. "Everyone knows already you're Luna."

She followed Pierce out of the bedroom and out into the outside world. "Uncle Pierce!!" A small voice called. "Hey, A.J." Pierce said and picked the small boy up. "Are you going to leave for awhile?" He asked him. Pierce nodded. "Only for a few days. But Aunt Dels here will hang whenever you want." He told the boy and handed him to Cordelia. "You're my aunt?" A.J. asked Cordelia. She shrugged. "I am your uncle Pierce's mate, A.J." She told him. He nodded. "Okay, aunt Dels." He giggled.

Pierce kissed Cordelia's cheek. "You be good, mister. For your mama and aunt. Okay?" Pierce said to A.J. A.J. nodded. "Yes sir!" He giggled. Pierce lightly pinched his cheek. "Good boy." Pierce smiled and waved bye. "Bye guys. I'll be back soon." He called and turned wolf before grabbing his bag with his mouth and ran away.

"I gotta go home for lunch. Can I hang with you later, Aunt Dels?" A.J. asked Cordelia. Cordelia nodded. "Of course. I'm going to walk around the pack and meet some people. If I'm not back at uncle Pierce's home by the time you get there, just wait. K?" Cordelia said as she put him down. "Okay." He said and ran away. Cordelia started walking around. Some people waved to her and some quickly bowed.

"Luna?" A woman asked. Cordelia turned to look at her. "Hello." Cordelia smiled. The woman smiled back. "You seem so young to be luna, my dear." She said and lightly took Cordelia's hand in hers. "I am nineteen, miss." She told the woman. The woman chuckled. "You have a long life ahead of you, luna." She said and planted a hand on Cordelia's stomach. "And you have a wonderful surprise on the way."

Cordelia furrowed her eyebrows. "What surprise?" She asked the woman. "You'll find out." The woman asked. "What's your name?" Cordelia asked her. "Melinda." Melinda let go of her hand and waved goodbye. "Welcome to the pack, luna. And nice to meet you." Melinda said and walked away. Cordelia decided that was enough walking around for one day so she went back to the house.

When she entered, she saw Genevieve sitting on the love seat. "Genevieve. Do you know a Melinda?" Cordelia asked. Genevieve looked up and nodded. "Yea. Why?" Genevieve asked. "She met me while I was walking around the pack and she told me a surprise was going to happen to me and she touched my stomach."

Genevieve furrowed her eyebrows but then smiled. "I know what she's talking about." Genevieve said and stood up. "You do?" Cordelia asked but before Genevieve answered, Cordelia's stomach started to hurt. She groaned and placed her hand on her stomach and she gasped. "What?" Genevieve asked as she led Cordelia to the love seat. "I think I might be pregnant." Cordelia said.

Genevieve set her hand on Cordelia's stomach and felt something move. "And right when Pierce left, you find out you're pregnant." Genevieve chuckled.

Brian came into the living room. "Cordelia. Your friend Lowell called. Anna is in labor. She wants you to go to the pack." Brian told her. "Really? Anna is in labor?" Cordelia asked. Brian nodded. "Okay. I guess I'll get a move on." Cordelia said and stood up. She left the house as fast as she could and started to run to her old pack.